Chapter 4

Micheals pov:
God, this was too good to be true. I was kissing the one and only Jeremy Heere! I heard him mumble my name but it didn't feel like his lips were moving.. "Micheal!" I heard him say louder. My eyes shot open and I was met with a giggling Jeremy. "You must be more stoned than I thought you were, you were kissing the air." I knew it was too good to be true. Jeremy would never like me back, let alone kiss me! It felt so real though.. I felt tears threatening to fall from my eyes but I quickly wiped my eyes with the back of my sleeve, laughing it off. "Yeah, I must be!" I tried smiling but failed miserably. I felt more tears cloud my vision and roll down my cheeks. Jeremy immediately got concerned. "Micheal what's wrong..?" I felt the smaller boy climb into my lap and wrap his arms around my torso, hugging me tightly. "You know that you can always talk to me, no matter what's wrong." He said tenderly, running his fingers through my hair. "Deep breaths, it's gonna be okay Micha." I smiled a little at the nickname, taking in a deep breath and exhaling for a pretty long time before repeating this a few times. I slowly but surely calmed down and stopped crying. "Micha do you want to tell me what's wrong?" I heard Jeremy speak softly, burying his face in my chest. I nodded. "So.. There's this guy that I've liked for.. Year's now and I don't know how to tell him. I don't think he likes me back in that way and honestly, I'm kinda stupid for falling for someone as perfect as him.. I'm so fat and stupid, and nerdy.." I cut myself off before I could start crying again.

Jeremy's Pov:
I listened to Micheals words and I nodded. It hurt a little to know that he liked someone that wasn't me, it was probably Rich. "Well whoever doesn't return feelings for someone as handsome, funny, kind, and caring as you they're crazy. You're the most amazing person I've ever met in my life Micheal.. You've always been there for me, even after the SQUIP incident. And I'm sure whoever you like likes you back so I say just go for it and tell him." I smiled at Micheal and put my hands on his cheeks, they were burning and he was blushing a deep red. "J-Jeremy.. Do you really mean all of that..?" I nod. "Of course I do.. Why would I lie to you Miche-" I was cut off when I felt Micheal put his hands on my cheeks and pull me closer, pressing his lips against mine. My eyes shot open but soon fluttered closed as I melted into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed back. We pulled away after a few more seconds and I looked into his beautiful golden brown eyes, smiling. "I'm so sorry Jeremy Ijustdidn'tknowhowelsetotellyousoIjustwentaheadanddidwhatIfeltwasrightimsosorry-" I laughed a little at his rambling and pressed a quick peck on his lips to shut him up. "I like you too Micheal.. Like more than best friends."

Micheals Pov:
I felt like I was going to cry. I just ruined 12 years worth of friendship with a stupid kiss. What the actual fuck was I thinking. I quickly apologized to Jeremy. "I'm so sorry Jeremy Ijustdidn'tknowhowelsetotellyousoIjustwentaheadanddidwhatIfeltwasrightimsosorry-" I was going to add more but I was cut off, feeling Jeremys soft lips press against mine. He pulled away and I looked into his soft blue eyes. "I like you too Micheal.. Like more than best friends." I nearly jumped out of the beanbag when I heard those words come out of Jeremy's mouth. "I-I Jeremy I didn't know that you liked me back.." I smiled happily. "I'm so happy.." I hugged the blue-eyed boy tightly and kissed his jaw softly. "I love you Jeremy Heere.." He giggled and ruffled my hair. "I love you too Micheal Mell." He said sweetly and confidently. I smiled.

(683 words ♡)