"Why do you look like that?" Sanji thought about the first time he had seen the demon, the green hair and tan skin. 

It had looked human.

"I used most of my energy to drag myself out of hell. Then another chunk to slaughter the cult and bringing you back here. I need to recharge." 

Sanji blinked, he hadn't been expecting such a straightforward and honest reply. Mostly he had been anticipating swearing and maybe even death by claws.

"So it takes energy to stay in human form? What do you do to recharge? What did I give you in our exchange?" Sanji blurted, rapid firing questions that he desperately wanted answered. The demon moved forward and the blond stumbled back, yelping as his heel smacked into the chest as the foot of his bed. He tipped back as he flailed helplessly trying to regain his balance, his breath left him with a whoosh as the demon was suddenly in front of him with a clawed hand sprawled out across his back to hold him up. They were pressed chest to chest and the blond shivered as the chill of the demons skin seeped through his tank top, it moved slowly as to not spook him and backed away when Sanji was safely upright. 

"Uh...t-thanks." The blond spluttered, watching as the demon's creased brows smoothed out when it nodded.

"It does take energy to contain my form in a human body. I sleep a lot and occasionally have sex. And our exchange is something you have to remember yourself, brat."

It rolled it's massive shoulders and a sudden inquiry bubbled up. Sanji ignored the intercourse part, it was unnecessary information that Sanji could've gone his whole life without knowing.

"Are you male?" The demon gave him a flat look, making Sanji blush and rush to defend his question.

"Well I don't know how it works down there, angels don't have genders so I just figured I'd be clear..." He trailed off as he ran out of breath, warily eyeing the demon. It didn't even seem to be breathing, as still as a statue.

"I'm male, yes. But demons don't have male or female genitalia when in demon form because my kind aren't supposed to repopulate in our true form."

Sanji nodded to himself, soaking in the given information. His blue eyes flickering up, neck tilting so he could peer into that deep red iris.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" The demon bristled, his lips turning down. Sanji waited patiently as the demon crossed his arms in a defensive action.

"We have a contract, I'm bound to it...and therefore, bound to you. I'm at your command."

He didn't sound very happy while explaining this to the blond, which was completely understandable. Sanji wouldn't like telling someone they had full control over him either, the chef would be sure not to abuse his power over the demon and decided to tell him so.

"I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to. You're not a pet, you're a demon." Sanji waved a hand, dramatically flopping down onto his bed. The demon's eye widened a fraction of an inch before he schooled his features, Sanji pressed his lips together in thought.

"What?"

The demon asked, looking genuinely curious. The blond rubbed at his sore ankle and that red eye flickered down to it for a second before flashing back to Sanji's pondering expression.

"What am I supposed to call you? Referring to you as 'the demon' after everything seems a bit...insensitive." Sanji watched the demon with a hopeful expression, maybe the demon would give the chef his name?

"Pick one. You have to remember my name yourself."

Sanji grumbled some choice words, rolling onto his back. He racked his brain for any names that fit the beast before him, spiky green hair flashing in his mind's eye had his lips curling into a devious grin.