||7|| Superwoman

Vida began running at the same moment she heard her name being called, but she didn't look back. Barefoot and all, she ran towards the main road. She could see the car zooming by but before she could even make it to them, she was tackled to the ground.

"Vida, what the fuck?!" Trent's voice rang out in her ear causing her to begin to sob. She felt him lift her from the ground and carry her. Moments later the smell of a freshly cooked breakfast and a woman humming filled her senses. With reluctant movements she pulled her face from out of his neck and looked around.

The house they stood in was homely. Much smaller than Lennox's but look just as expensive. Her head began to throb, and an odd sensation travelled around her body. The sensation grew so intense so fast that she wailed out in pain.

"T-Trent." She gasped as her body began to feel like its on fire. Trent's quickly put her down on a soft surface and frantically began looking for sighs of a wound. Vida watched as his gaze landed on the bite mark and his nostrils flared with anger. And then something happened, the pain that was radiating through Vida's body intensified and she began wailing out in pain. A woman quickly appeared in front of her and she too looked at the bite mark and then frowned. Her grey eyes held anger and her red tinted lips shifted downward into an even deeper frown.

"That son of a bitch." She shouted before standing and walked out the front door, slamming it behind her. Trent was back in front of her in seconds and he began to strip her down to nothing. She didn't care what he was doing at this point, all she wanted was peace. Once she was naked he picked her back up bridal style and moments later Vida felt her back hit ice cold water.

"I'm sorry, V. I know this isn't comfortable, but it will help with the pain you feel." His eyes held sadness as he slowly lowered her scorching hot and shaking body into the water. Vida's eyes closed as the burning pain dulled but didn't stop.

"What's happening." She sobbed with her eyes shut and her body still trembling.

"It's hard to explain but given that my mate just went over to Lennox's house, the pain should stop very soon." He said this with humor in his eyes.

Mate?

"I hope she kicks his ass. His selfish fucking ass." Vida spat.

"Well, it is her brother so I'm sure she knows a few of his weaknesses."

"I just don't get it. Why take me away from hell, just to attempt to put me through it?" Trent intently listened to Vida and she was grateful, but what she said next made her skin crawl.

"I can assure you that you're who he's supposes to be with Vida. That's why he rescued you. After a year of just having you on Friday's he couldn't handle the idea of you being with other men. So that's why you're here." He gave her a sad smile before continuing. "What I am trying to say is, yes you are who he is supposed to be with, but I'm afraid you may not be who he wants."

The moment the words slipped from Trent's lips the door to the bathroom slammed open and Lennox stood there with the woman who had left the house standing behind him. Vida watched as she harshly pushed him forward and he snapped his head around and growled at her. Vida hadn't notice the pain had stopped until that moment, but it was replaced with a new pain. She didn't know why but she felt like her heart was breaking, like she was looking at her ex-husband all over again. Her anger began to service, and she shook violently as she looked up at Lennox whose face showed many emotions.

"Get out." She gritted out as she glared at him. "Stay away from me, you liar."

"How am I a liar?"

Trent stood from the side of the tub and made his way past Lennox. He then grabbed his wife's hand and escorted her out of the bathroom, closing the door silently behind him.

"You cried to me hours ago and told me how glad you were to have me. Only to kiss another woman and take her to bed right in front of me." Vida seethed. "I have been through enough shit, and I won't let you or anyone else send me through anymore. I want out. TODAY!"

Vida watched as Lennox stared at her. His expression was now that of anger and she honestly did not care in the least. She wanted her power back and she would claim it at any cost.

"You aren't going anywhere LaVida."

"Says who? You?!" She watched as Lennox squared his shoulders. Silence engulfed the bathroom and Vida stood and step out the tub. Her bare body on full display for Lennox, and she knew it affected him. His nose flared, his pupils turned a midnight black and he went to take a step forward.

"Don't." Vida said as she turned and saw a towel hanging from the shower. She dried herself with it and then wrapped it around her body. "You don't get to touch me. I want out of this goddamn estate and in my own place, with a job, and my own life. If you can help me with that, I will let you, but if not, I will figure it out on my own."

Lennox opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water, before deciding not to speak.

"It's not like I'm what you want." The woman watched as his face sulked and he looked at her with sadness evident but she wouldn't be deterred. "Only what you need Lennox, but I can't make you realize that. Just know that one day you will need me and I will no longer need you." With that Vida brushed past Lennox without another word, leaving the bathroom with a new found attitude and confidence. She had be held down too long and no more would she let a man control her.