[Bucky x Steve x Natasha x Reader] The Bet (Part 1)

*36 Hours ago*

     Natasha walked down the hall roaring with laughter with Bucky and Steve following close behind saying "We COULD!"

While living in Avengers Tower you had quickly learned that the arguments that started in the other end of tower always ended up in the main living area or at the dinner table, so you saw no sense in trying to continue your book with the three of them in here. You gently closed your book and set it on the back of the couch.

     "What can you do?" You asked slipping off the couch and joining their little group.

     You were bombarded with the sound of all three of them speaking at once.

     "TELL HER THAT-"

     "Oh, you two are so stupid and-"

     "There's no way it could that hard!"

     "HEY!" You shouted. Nat, Steve and Bucky all stopped and looked at you. You turned around and trapped the closest thing to you which happened to be a replica of Harry Potter's wand. "This. is the talking stick. Whoever has it gets to speak without being interrupted...got it?"

     They all nodded and you handed the stick to Natasha.

     "Oh, c'mon! Why does she always get to talk first!?" whined Bucky.

     Natasha hit him on the head with the wand. "Because I'm a lady and ladies go first! I thought that was the golden rule in the 40's, Gramps!"

     Bucky squinted his eyes and mumbled something about lady not being the word he would use causing Nat to flip him off which resulted in the two of them starting a new argument on top of the one that you were already trying to get to the bottom of.

     You rolled your eyes at the two of them and took this opportunity to pull Steve to the side.

     "Nat thinks Bucky and I are incapable of taking care of a child," he stated simply.

     You studied Steve for a moment. "So you and Bucky are trying...?"

     "What? N-NO! Oh...God..." Steve turned a bright crimson as he looked over his shoulder at his oldest friend.

     "Relax, Steve. I'm joking. So how did this argument even start?"

     "We were watching a movie about a single mom taking care of a baby and I made a comment about how I like kids and would eventually like a couple of my own and she said that babies were a lot of work and Bucky said that he thinks he could handle it and it just escalated from there. And now she's got him in a choke hold..."

     Looking over your shoulder you saw that Natasha did indeed have Bucky on the floor with her legs around his torso and her arms wrapped around his throat as he swatted at her hands.

     "Guys...seriously?" You asked. Nat released him after one final squeeze. "Should we make a bet?" you suggest.

     "Yes. And when I win, the two of you have to admit you were wrong and can't handle the stress of being a single parent."

     "And if they win?" You ask looking to the boys.

     "If we win, you have to admit you were wrong and that we are perfectly capable of being fathers," said Steve.

     "And a kiss," added Bucky. Steve shot him a surprised look. "Go big or go home."

     "Fine. Whatever. You two have to take care of an infant, by yourselves, for three days. If you cave, you lose. Do we have a deal?"

     "You're on," said Bucky with a confident smile.

     She shook hands with them and walked away.

     It remained quiet for a few moments after Natasha left. Finally, Bucky ran his flesh fingers through his hair and broke the silence. He turned around and looked at Steve bewilderedly.

     "Dude...where are we going to get a freaking baby?"

     It appeared that Steve hadn't thought about this either.

     You rolled your eyes as the two looked to you.

     "I'll go talk to Tony...."

     The two men high-fived as you made your way to the elevator in order to attempt to get Tony Stark to build a baby.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    A/N:  This is going to be a longish series of One-Shots (Paradoxical much?(whatever)(#movingonwithmylife)) I hope! I got this idea watching the Outdoor channel (lol wut?) and thought it would be really cute for Steve and Bucky.
     Anyway Part 2 will be up tonight...maybe...who knows...I'm a lazy "piece of crap" as my dear friend Holly would say.
     I'm going to at least TRY to have a part 2 for tonight!
                                             Love Always,
                                                                     Katie