[Bucky x Reader and Steve's child] The Babysitting Games

"Are you sure about this?" You asked for the twenty sixth time since leaving your house. Your five year old daughter, Madison, in the backseat clutching her backpack that contained all of her favorite toys. You, Steve and the rest of the Avengers had been invited to a banquet and the only person available to watch Maddie, was Bucky which made you a little nervous. Not because you didn't trust him but because you thought a kindergartener might be a little too much for him.

     "Bucky'll be fine. He always wanted a family," said Steve pulling up to Bucky's apartment. "You ready to go, sweetie?"

     "Yep!" Madison unbuckled and waited for you to come around and open her door. You zipped her jacket up and carried her to the front door with Steve following close behind. He reached around you and knocked on the door.

     A few seconds later, Bucky opened the door with a big smile on his face. "There she is! How's my favorite girl! And my adorable niece to!"

     You rolled your eyes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek as you stepped inside. You really did love Bucky even though he could be a pain in the ass. He had become a close family friend and Madison knew him as Uncle Bucky. You set her kissed the top of her head. "You be good for Uncle Bucky, ok? Mommy and Daddy will pick you up first thing in the morning," you assured her.

     "Ok, Mommy! I'll be good! Promise!" she said wrapping her arms around you. Madison had great big blue eyes just like her father and your (natural h/c) hair.

     "Go give Daddy a hug," you said inching her towards him. As she ran off you stood up and said to Bucky, "James, if she's too much, call me. I can come get her tonight."

     He rolled his eyes and placed his hands on your arms. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, (y/n). It really means a lot."

     "It's just that she can be hard to handle sometimes," you answered.

     "You need to relax. Go. Go have fun. Mads will be just fine and you need a night off," he said.

     "Ok." Madison was squeezing Steve tight around the neck as you walked towards the door. Steve handed her off to Bucky and put an arm around you.

     "Have fun tonight," Steve said opening the door.

     "Remember her bedtime is 8:30, I have wheat thins packed in her overnight bag, she needs to take a bath, she can do that on her own but you still need to keep your eye on her. She'll go potty on her own but maybe ask every once in a while and-" you rambled on as Steve was ushering you out. Bucky was holding the door open and as soon as you were out he said, "Yeah yeah yeah...bye!" and slammed the door on you midsentence.

     Steve laughed and said, "Relaaax."

     You sighed and walked to the car. "I hope I won't regret this."

     Meanwhile back in the apartment, Madison was already making herself at home. She sat on the couch and looked around. "Your home is beautiful."

     Bucky held in a laugh. He had the most adorable niece in the world. Tonight was sure to be an adventure. "Thank you, princess! So what do you want to do tonight?"

     The little girl tapped her chin. "Hmmm. I think we need to cook first!"

     "You're mom has you on a tight ship doesn't she?" Bucky asked as Madison made her way into the kitchen. "What were you thinking?"

     "Pasketi!" she exclaimed!

     "I don't know if I have any pasketi!" replied Bucky picking her up and setting her on the counter. "We can bake a pizza." He suggested.