[Natasha x Reader] Girl Talk

Knock knock knock

     "Nat?" You called through her bedroom door.

     "It's open!" she called back. You cracked open the door.

     "Can we talk about some stuff?" you ask.

     "Of course! You know you can come to me about anything!" she said pivoting to face me and inviting me to sit beside her. I shut the door with a soft click. "What's on your mind, sweetie?"

     As you sat on the bed, you felt a blush creeping up your face. "Somebody..." you smiled thinking about him.

     "Oooh a boy?" asked Natasha curiously, a grin lighting up her already astonishing features. "Which one?"

     "You can't tell him. Promise me you won't say anything!" You pleaded grabbing her arm.

     She patted your hands. "Of course not! I promise that what ever we say is in confidence!" She flashed a genuine smile before turning deadly serious again. "Does he have dark hair?"

     "No," you smiled because that ruled out all but three of the Avengers and two of them had girlfriends. One of the girlfriends being Nat herself.

     "Does he carry around a big hammer? Crown Prince of Asgard? Gigantic biceps?"

     "It's not Thor, Nat," you reply biting your lip. There was only one possible option left and The Black Widow was quick to jump onto it.

     "Cap?! OH MY GOD!" she screeched. She covered her mouth with her hands but was bouncing up and down like an energetic child. "That's so freakin' cute!" she gushed.

     You were smiling uncontrollably at the thought of how cute the soldier was. "He's sweet."

     "AND HOT, don't tell Clint I said that, but that's still so cute! How long have you liked him?" she asked.

     "I don't know..like a week maybe?" you answered recalling the night that you really started noticing him. "When you, Clint, and Tony went out the other night, we were watching The Little Mermaid and it was late so I fell asleep during the movie but I didn't realize that I'd fallen asleep on his shoulder so when I woke up, I kept apologizing but he kept insisting that it was ok and called me ma'am and gaaahhhh he's just so cute!" Natasha watched you fangirl as you flopped face first into her comforter.

     Nat looked like she was going to explode into a thousand pieces of rainbows and smiley faces.

     "How did you get Clint to notice you?" you asked sitting back up and throwing your (h/c) hair into a messy bun.

     "That's the thing! We started off as friends and eventually realized that there was something more between us," she smiled tucking a strand of dark red hair behind her ear. "I would advise you to keep on keepin' on with whatever your doing. I think the two of you would be cute together."

      "Thanks," you said smiling.

     Silence hung in the air for a few seconds.

     "...He hugged me that night to," you said recalling the embrace. This news sent Nat into another fit.

     "AHHHH! WHAT WAS HE WEARING? COULD YOU FEEL HIS ABS?"

     You nearly fell off the bed laughing at her enthusiasm. "Just a t-shirt and jeans...and yes. He was warm and his arms were strong and loving and he smelled like man soap!"

     "YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" she screamed.

     You continued laughing until there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" said Nat through giggles.

    "Is everything ok in here, ladies?" asks Steve cracking open the door but not looking in.

     "We're fine, Steve!" Nat composed herself. "Just having a girl talk..."

     "But thank you for the concern," you cooed leaning over just far enough to make eye contact with him.

      The corners of his lips pulled up in a close lipped smile but his eyes lit up and you didn't let that get past you. He nodded, "Ma'am."

     Steve closed the door back and as soon as you heard his footsteps retreat the two of you bursted into giggles again.

     "He's. so. cute," you mumbled into a pillow.

     "So go for it," said Nat.

     "Do you think he likes me?" you ask.

     "Does Tony love himself?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

     This made you laugh. "It's true."

     "It's true," she repeated. "Yes. I think there's a strong chance and now I ship you guys! Now go! Go make it canon!"

     You laughed and reached over to hug her. "Thanks, Nat."

     "No problem.." She hugged you back. "Now I'm serious. Go catch up with him.   

     You smiled. "I'll see you later! Thanks again!" You were heading out the door when she called something about wanting details.

     You laughed to yourself and rushed off to find Steve.