CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10

    Later that night, when Gemma and Gunner settled back into their apartment, Gunner received a phone call from his coach. While he was on the phone, Gemma rummaged through the kitchen to look for a late-night snack.

    Hearing Gunner's voice, even when it wasn't directed towards her, sent shivers through her body. His deep tone, the way he presented himself... everything he did was now on her mind 24/7. There wasn't a minute that passed by where Gemma wasn't imagining all the different things he could do to her... and she would let him. God help her she would let him.

    Instead of waiting for Gunner to get off the phone, Gemma went back into her room and decided to change into more comfortable clothes for the night. Slipping out of her dress, she rummaged through her drawers and put on a large t-shirt before realizing that all her night shorts were in the dryer.

    It's okay, just go out there and grab a pair really quick. He's still on the phone in his room, anyways.

    Braving the journey (which was really only like 20 feet away), Gemma peeked her head out the door, checked to make sure she was alone, and hurried towards the laundry room.

    "Where are they, where are they..." she mumbled, sorting through the huge heap of clothes in the dryer. "Aha! There you are."

    "What are you doing?"

    With a yelp, she spun around to face Gunner who stood outside the door.

    "I was uh," she stuck her thumb back towards the dryer. "I had to grab some shorts. I didn't have any."

    She watched as his eyes dropped to the tops of her legs. There was no way that he could even tell if she was indeed short-less or not, since the shirt was larger on her, but by the ways his eyes heated up, he knew.

    And Gemma was feeling a little heated, too. There wasn't any need to tell Gunner about her lack of shorts. She could have easily just told him she needed to make sure the dryer was running and made her way back to her room in peace, but no. Secretly, she wanted him to know. She wanted to see the look that was currently on his face when he realized that the only thing she was wearing was her underwear and shirt. She wanted him. Desperately.

    Something came over Gemma, then. Not knowing if it was how good Gunner looked right now or the glasses of wine she had earlier, a new-found confidence flooded through. "My answer is yes."

    Gunner frowned, not really understanding what she meant until he watched her slowly graze her hands under her shirt and slip off her underwear, letting it fall to the floor. He stiffened, staring as she now stood before him in nothing but her t-shirt. Gunner sighed, knowing that she was saying yes to his question. "Gemma, what are you doing?"

    She took another step closer, now pulling on her ponytail to have her long, dark hair cascade around her. Jesus Christ. "Please tell me you still want this."

    He gazed at her, his mouth slightly open. What on earth did this woman mean, did he still want this? Abso-fucking-lutely he wanted this. He wanted her, in his bed with her legs over his shoulders, screaming his name. He wanted her anywhere and everywhere. Right now.

    "You better answer soon before I change my mind," she said, breathless and nervous.

    Gunner kept his eyes locked with hers as he took off his suit jacket in one swift motion and let it fall before he closed the gap between them and hauled her to him, taking her face in his hands and colliding their lips together. This, this is what I needed.