Chapter Thirteen

Zacznij od początku

Hot tears stream down my face, "Stop! Just- Just get away,"

But something suddenly just snaps in my head, it's a simulation, it isn't real. I stop fighting it and just stand their, tears continuing to stream down your face as they sting me. It feels so real.

I let out a gasp as tears continue streaming, but I rake the back of my hands across my eyes, drying them up. I try and steady my breathing back to normal, falling back against the chair.

"How long do you," he paused, looking over at me.

"What?" I ask.

"How long do you think you were in there?" He questions, and I shudder, my arms over my chest.

"I don't... I don't know, thirty minutes? An hour?"

"You were in there for five minutes, Via," he says, and I look at him oddly.

"Are you sure? It felt like so much longer..." I pull my knees up to my chest.

"I'm sure, you were in there for five minutes," he waited a few moments, "how'd you do it?"

"What?"

"How'd you do it? How'd you get through it so quickly? You were going crazy and then just, like, stopped,"

"I realized it wasn't real," he looked at me weirdly, eyes slightly wider, "doesn't that happen to everyone?"

"Not usually..."

"Okay, well, I'm going to, uh, go," I wipe some more tears from my eyes, it wasn't real. They weren't there, I walked out and into the lobby, I look down at the floor, I now realize I was one of the last ones to go through the landscape.

I hope we don't have to do it again.

"Wait, you mean we have to do that again?" I shriek at Alex during dinner, and he nods his head, wincing as he holds his ears.

"Yeah, only it gets worse as you-"

"Don't scare her, Alex," Raelynn says to him gently, and I shudder again.

"What was so bad anyway?" Reagan questions and I shudder yet again.

"You don't want to know..."

"Oh, sure I do, I mean, you were out in like, what? Six minutes tops?" She rolls her eyes before continuing, "mine was around thirty minutes, a fear of flying, truly horrific, now, yours?"

"Fine, it was insects and spiders," I rolled my eyes before yet again shuddering, "terrifying,"

"Also, where did that bruise come from?" Reagan questions and I look down at the plate of food in front of me.

"Um..," I trail off, "It doesn't matter,"

"Where did you get that bruise, Via," she looks into my eyes, and I try my best not to look at her.

Silence is casted upon the table, everyone but Raelynn's face shows confusion, and then Zayne decides to speak up.

"Via, where did the bruise from," and he sounds serious, he hardly ever actually sounds serious.

"Um, I got in a fight-"

"Olivia," Raelynn whispers from beside me, and I glance over at her, and she gives a nod.

"Wait..." Zayne mumbles, clearly having pieced everything together, "where is Naomi?"

"Didn't her, Max, and and Ronnie look all beaten up?" Reagan glances over at me before her head snaps to mine, Zayne's following.

"What happened," Zayne looks at me, and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"It doesn't matter-"

"Tell us what happened!" He shouts, and I flinch slightly.

"Oh, nothing, just the fact that I almost died tonight because they tried to throw me over the chasm and they almost succeeded if it weren't for Reagan and..." I stop myself there and look up into their eyes.

They each, and Alex have murderous looks on their faces, "I'm going to kill them," Reagan says calmly before standing up.

"Reagan no!" But it's too late, she's already kicked them all three between the legs, and harder at Max, he's probably infertile now.

"Great," I mumbled.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go," Raelynn looks over at me, and I groan.

"Me too," Alex says, "I have to look over the landscapes again,"

"Great, everyone is leaving me,"

"Oh, get over it," Reagan scoffs, and I roll my eyes as they stalk off.

I'm walking around the chasm when I see it, when I see them. I stop in my tracks, as they look over at me, shock written all over their faces.

Q:
Who so you think it is??

A:
Not answering lol