The Re-do

"You want to what?"

"Start over."

"There's only two days before I propose. People are flying in for this." James was much more relaxed today than Tuesday night, and he seemed to be back to normal after I apologized again.

"I understand, and I promise I will get this done. Besides the time crunch, is there anything you don't like about the design or decorations?"

He thought about it for a moment, "No. I think you actually did a great job. This already looks like something she'd like, I guess her style."

I sighed in relief, "Do you think I would be able to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Newman today?"

"I can give them a call, and ask them if you can come over to discuss your plan." James nodded.

"I can go with you." Will suggested, James and I turned to him. I'd forgotten he was our failsafe this time, instead of Oliver.

I shrugged, if he was going to help decorate the Newman's backyard, I'd need to be on his good side.

"Any ideas on the actual proposal, though? You've got the decorations and setup that would make her happy, but what about when I go to ask her? How will I ask her?"

"I'll run through it with you when it's done, but just so you get the gist of it, I'll explain it now. The birthday party will happen inside the house, and the decorations of all the photos you can muster and fairy lights will be in the backyard. When you're ready, and everyone's there-" James lifted a finger, but bit his tongue and nodded for me to continue.

"You'll tell her you have a surprise, blindfold her, take her to the backyard- and everyone will join behind you two to see her reaction. Once you take off her blindfold, you get on one knee, and call her name and she'll turn directly to you, and you'll pop the question."

"In regards to the question, what should I say? I wrote notecards-" He pulled notecards out of his jacket pocket and I frowned. "What?"

"This isn't a business presentation. Get rid of them." Will's lips tilted up at my disapproval. "You need to sound like yourself. Just-" I sighed, "Tell her what you love about her, or how she makes you feel, or how she's changed you for the better." I thought of every cheesy line I've heard in the movies. "Then end with the question- but don't make it an essay either. Four years is enough to have a long list, so try summing it all up in a sentence or two."

"Okay. You reminded me, Abby's brothers are supposed to be flying in Saturday afternoon around six. How should we go about that? I need them to be there for the proposal, that's what they're flying in for."

"I'll pick them up. Just send me their flight information and all that, and I'll take care of it. You can't leave the party to get them, and we can't rely on taxis to pick them up right away."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded hard, "This is about you and Abby. Just- let me worry about the rest. If Mr. and Mrs. Newman give me the okay, I should have everything set up by Saturday." Even if I was going to set this up by myself, the decorations were much less complex and intricate than the hotel decorations would've been. Abby's new layout was much more simplistic, yet romantic.

James' phone rang, "I've got to get back to the office."

I check my watch, "Me too. Don't forget to send me the photos of you and Abby. The more the better- and don't leave out the goofy ones." James blushed and nodded.

"Let me know if you need me to cover anything. No expense spared, remember?"

I nodded, "I'll use the deposits on everything first, and if necessary I'll contact you."