The Dinner

"Come on. Wake up." I shoved Brandon. Or was it Brady?

He shifted his weight to his side, glancing at me through squinted eyes. "Gee, and I was going to ask if you had a good time." He chuckled.

"I had a great time, but I have to go to work." My gaze shifted down his toned body as he rubbed his eyes and sat up.

He was a sight for sore eyes.

Scratch that. He was a sight for good eyes too. If I could pat myself on the back without looking self-absorbed, I would- because I brought that home. Blue eyes, and the dictionary definition of tall, dark, and handsome.

"Gotcha. Give me five minutes and I'm out." He shook his soft brown hair, running a hand over his face and standing up. I gave a short nod before moving into the kitchen and pouring him a to-go cup of coffee.

"You're not kicking me out because you have a boyfriend right?" Brandon- or Brady, I still wasn't sure, came into the kitchen. His eyes met mine from buttoning his shirt. "Thanks." His fingers brushed mine as he grabbed the cup.

"No, of course not." I chuckled.

"Should I expect a message within the next two days, then? Or is it a three day rule?" He teased.

"I might text you within the next two days," I shrugged, sending him a wink, "I'll think about it." I grinned, as we walked to the door.

"I'll see you around, Samantha." He winked before tipping his coffee my way and giving me a nod.

"You too."

*

"You're in early." Isabella grinned.

"Well, what easier way to get out of making eggs than to leave for work?" I chuckled, dropping my bags on my desk.

"Keep avoiding the kitchen like that and you might get that promotion I've been itching to give." She winked. "Do me a favor, finish up those ads today, and send them down to Bethany. I have a meeting with a new client at two, so if you have any questions, get me before then."

I nodded.

I spent the next six hours priming our radio, banner, and video ads- with the exception of ordering my lunch into the office, and eating at my desk.

"My eyes are going to fall out if I stare at my computer any longer." I muttered, massaging my lids.

"Pays to be out in the field." Susie retorted, popping her gum and never removing her eyes from her screen.

"Hey! I have been out 'in the field'. I just finished that girl's sweet sixteen." I defended myself, before muttering, "Maybe I'm not out enough because it's the season."

"Did you really just say that girl's? I don't even know how your AVP, or how you're even a decent event planner. You never get up and personal with the clients. You just threw some girl a party she's never going to forget and you don't even know her name?" Susie looks completely baffled.

"I think it was Jessica? I remember seeing it on the invites." I joked, and Susie shook her head.

Our laughs got cut off by Isabella bursting into the office. Her eyes darted to me, "You're going out tonight." She grinned as she stalked over to my desk. I glanced behind her at Susie who seemed to be minding her business all of a sudden.

"You taking me out to dinner?" I chuckled, leaning back in my desk chair. She followed my lead, leaning over my desk with her knuckles flat on the glass.

"James Collier is a new client. He's looking for advice on how to propose to his girlfriend."

My brows scrunched. "Why do I care?"