CHAPTER EIGHT - SUCKER PUNCH

Start from the beginning

I narrowed my eyes as I melted into the shadows, walking through the door soundlessly.

I conjured up two sharp blades of shadows as I went through the stairs and landed on the floor with a soft thud, my legs bent as I landed on the balls of my feet.

I spotted the figure in front of a column.

"Is someone there?" The person asked, his eyes raking around the room as he spun.

I stared at Luther, dumbfounded as I appeared from the shadows quickly. "Luther? What are you doing here?"

He jumped at the sight of me. 'Zero! Um-I was just-just looking for something."

"At Diego's place?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

"No, I was just-wait, what are you doing here?" Luther interrogated as he towered before me.

"I go to the gym here," I shot back lamely, my voice flat.

"How convenient," he muttered, glancing at me suspiciously.

"So, what exactly are you doing here? This is obviously not a brotherly visit," I smirked, sitting down on a chair as he shrunk back.

"I was just-"

"-don't tell me you think Diego killed Father," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Look, I-"

"-so you are! What kind of brother are you? Doubting your family," I scowled, dragging the shadows over me and travelling in a millisecond to the top of the stairs. "You're unbelievable."

"Zero, wait!" Luther shouted after me as I walked out through the door.

Perry was sitting outside at the reception when I stormed out from the locker room. He grinned, "Did you ask him?"

"No, and he's not the right person you're looking for," I scowled, tossing him a pile of cash. "That's for my membership by the way."

"Well, that sucks, but thanks!" He waved as I pushed open the door of the gym and breathed shakily, knowing very well that I played a part in Father's death.

-

I sat with Five in the car he stole.

"So, we're just going to sit here and wait?" I asked, staring out the window as I people-watched.

"Until something comes up, yes," Five replied, his eyes darting around on high alert.

I looked at the rear-view mirror, spotting the mannequin in the back and scowled at Five, "What is that thing doing here?"

"Shh!" He whispered, staring intently at the building doors.

"And what about the bruises and is that blood? Again?"

"Yup," His lip quirked up. "Lemme just say Hazel and Cha-Cha have caught up."

"Ugh, those two," I growled under my breath before looking out the window.

Five sighed.

The rain thumped against the car in heavy drops as a group of kids ran in front of our car.

Suddenly, Five tensed up against me, his eyes wide and his jaw clenched.

"Five? Five!" I shook him gently, moving to face him worriedly.

He jerked slightly before whipping his head to look at me.

A sharp knock came from behind and I jumped.

"Zero! Hey, Five!" Luther shouted.

"What are you-" Luther muttered as he yanked open the door and I shifted to the middle of the front seats.

euphoria ➞ number five, tua [completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara