Appraisal

She wasn't in a hospital. She was at home, in the bottom of her closet. Her closet held all of her contraband. Candy, chips and josei. All three had become a weakness when Norma enter high school. Her strict diet for track gave her moments of bindging. Norma's mouth watered at the thought of Kettle chip and Pringles crips. Her stomach gurgled and her bile tasted of deep fried potato mash goodness. Yes, her closet was a good place to be. Norma would huddle in her closet devouring red powdered chips with her left hand, and coursing over the illicit foreign books with her right.

She had been in the middle of Midnight Boyfriend before her trip. Knight was the dream of a man, tall, lean, but muscular. Knight had a kind warm voice that Norma could hear clearly through the black and white pages. Since she never dated, she escaped into the manga stories of men who met your every mental and emotional need and then he kissed you. In manga women always moaned when the hero kissed them. Norma cringed it was one thing to read about kissing. But seeing it in real life and the thought of having someone else's salvia in her mouth used to gross her out.

Used to? Norma didn't want to think about anyone touching her. Not after this...No, here I am safe. They can't get me here. Norma did want to be kissed. She wanted to feel the way the girl in "It's not Like that Darling" felt. She wanted a handsome sweet guy to hold her and kiss her gently and fill with her with love. Norma shook her head. She was not in a position to think about love. Women who were kiddnapped and brought overseas did not find love with their captors. Captors who were not gentle. There was nothing gentle about what they did!

Norma gripped her hair again firmly. She pulled until the pain erased any previous thoughts that brought her saddest. Now she was back in her closet. It was cozy, it was dark, it was safe.

Norma awoke to the shouting. Her heart pounded in her chest and her lungs contracted. What now? And then she remembered, she was not in her closet. She was huddled on the clod floor of a friend hospital un her her assigned bed. Her captors were obviously upset at her absence. Norma took prude that she was unfounded. She was glad that the foreign men were too dumb to check under the bed. Norma stayed quiet and didn't move. Even as her core burned from the lack of oxygen. Even as the numbness on her bent legs threanted to make her her. Normw stayed huned beneath her hospital bed quiet. Every pound of the feet and angry shouted word, Norma knew they had found her at last. But the overhanging sheet of her bed barely stirred. They didn't find her. Norma certainly didn't want to be found. Then it was quiet, as if all the joy had left the world.

Norma shuddered after the silence crept around the hospital room. It was safe, for now at least. The girl rolled to her side with a creak. Her legs slows peeled from her thighs. Norma could feel the blood rush in her veins in the absence of pressure. It was not long before her legs and feet regained their dark caramel color. Norma's body squeaked as she pulled her self across the bit of floor from beneath the bed. Like on the boat, her legs refused to cooperate.

It's not time yet. Norma bit back the tears at her internal understanding. Though is was silent and she was alone, it was not time. Don't even know for sure where I am. I could be anywhere, hell I could be on Mars. Norma shimmed over her elbows. She was surprised that she still had the upper body strength after all her vegging. In a passing thought, Norma craned her neck. Hills and valleys, which had not been present before her capture, reshaped her backside. The fabric of her night gown strained and rippled at the middle of her lower back and bit into the ends that met her thighs. Norma sighed and struggled to roll onto her knees. You've got more pressing matter, dummy.

Once on her knees, Norma had the leverage to clamber back into the hospital bed. Her abs coughed and shook internal dust to pull her legs onto the bed. Once on, Norma laid. Tear pooled at her duct but she did not stop them. Alone, Norma could sob and holler uninhibited. When her dry heaves started, Norma knew she was finished. Crying will do me no good. Get up.

So she did. Norma wiped a fist across her face and slid her feet back to the floor. Taking deep breaths, she gently lower her weight into her feet and knees. Certain she was supported, she took a few quick steps to the door. She tested the handle and gently pulled the door open. Fresh sterile air greeted Norma in a force. She poked her head out of the door. There was no one in the halls. Again it was silent.

Norma reached a shakey hand out and griped onto the chair guard. Confidently she edged along the wall. Her legs still soft and unsure of their strength, she let the walls guide her. Occasionaly she would pass a map. A clear photo and set of arrows slowly lead her to an exit. Norma inhaled deeply and parted from the wall. She could she beams of a strong golden sun reaching out to her. Yes!

Norma stepped out firmly away from the wall and toward the door. The rest of her body swayed backward, hitting a force. Norma looked up and her mouth quivered.

A large man with a thick mustache, in black shirt, pants, and wide loafer stood in her way. He had an odd smile on his lips. Him. Norma stepped back, recognizing him from the boat. So close.

Norma turned about, she spied wheelchairs down one hall, she looked away and met another pair of eyes. Light golden orbs darkened beneath thick brows. Shit Norma saw Goatee and her heart sank as her chest cavity filled with fear. The balls of her feet went sticky and her footing slid as she made a hasty retreat. Norma's legs tangle from weakness and brought her down, crashing into the line of wheel chairs.

Norma chocked out a cry when her head met metal. She was grounded and soon trapped by dislodge chair and the advancing men. She felt the ground tilt and she held tightly to the rolling chairs. NoT again, as the blackout washed over her.

Norma felt his presence before she opened jer eyes. She had to fight thrpugh the grogginess, but when her had cleared she felt his gaze.  No, it was a glare. She had tried to escape; it was a glare.

Norma flexed her fist slowly. There was cool metal wrapped around her wrists. No escape. The panic bubbled in her stomach. She was helpless her ankles were free, but she didn't want to think about that.  Norma bit into her lip to stave off her tears

"..........

Sorry bout the short bit, I am trying to be careful where I take this story. Romance will not be the focus of Norma's journey and I could see my writing going there. Plus work picked up these last few weeks. Give time to catch up on sleep. Thanks for the patience!