⌞ iv. | ❝make some room, fatso!❞ ⌝

iv. | make some room, fatso!

     "'SO HOW DOES IT FEEL knowing you're about to die?'"

     To give more expression to his words, Chandler, improvising and in a miserable attempt to live out his acting skills, which he didn't have, ran up and down the living room of their apartment while Joey had placed himself on the chair. Her two roommates both had a script in their hands and Cassidy watched their rehearsing from her seat on the sofa she had stretched out on, interested, a book she had given up reading, though, as soon as the boys entered the living room, on her chest and Nutmeg, her Maine Coon cat, rolled up on her belly, enjoying the caresses her owner gave her.

     Since her lectures were over and she didn't have to work at the diner today either, Cassidy had actually planned to spend the rest of her day studying until Joey had come to her room to get her out of the pile of books she'd wanted to bury herself in and took her promise that she'd spend time with him today and not study for once.

     He had tried as best he could to hide his concern as he did. Since her semester break was over and the new semester had begun, she seemed to be learning more intensely than before and the shadows under her eyes were getting darker and darker. Although the student spent as much time as she could with her friends, she was rarely seen without a book in her hands. So he had made it his mission today to distract his friend from all the study stress and spend some quality time with her.

     Although she hadn't imagined spending her time watching Joey and Chandler rehearse for Joey's audition for the role of an inmate on death row, she did everything she could to support her friend.

     "'Warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. But you'll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honest man'," Joey paused dramatically, "to die."

     Cassidy beamed at her friend. "You're doing really good, Joe!" she praised and gave him two thumbs up while Chandler nodded approvingly and sat down on their table to be at eye level with Joey.

     "Yeah?" Joey's jubilent face warmed Cassidy's heart. "Thanks! Let's keep going."

     "Okay," Chandler agreed and looked back at the script to find the line they were at. In the meantime, Joey put on his acting face again. "'So. Whaddya want from me, Damone, ... huh?'"

     Cassidy made a mental note that she now knew why he hadn't become an actor. Chandler was miserable at this.

     "'I just wanna to go back to my cell," Joey casually replied. "'Cause in my cell, I can smoke.'"

     Chandler gesticulated exaggeratedly. "'Smoke away.'"

     Joey gave him a quick look before he took a cigarette out of the box he had put on the armchair and wanted to lit it with the lighter, which flew out of his hand and directly into Cassidy's face. Due to the sudden movement, Nutmeg jumped up from her lying position and fled over the backrest and through the small gap of her door to seek shelter in Cassidy's room.