⌞ ii. | ❝we'll be your parachute.❞ ⌝

ii. | we'll be your parachute.

    IT WAS NO FUN, Cassidy Steele established that evening in Ross' new apartment and cursed Chandler and Joey in her thoughts for dragging her with them. However, the guys kept their promise and so she found herself sitting cross-legged on the floor in the middle of the living room with a large piece of pepperoni pizza in her hand, her books and the box of the XXL pizza spread out in front of her, while the guys tried to assemble the furniture but failing miserably.

Apart from the missing furniture, Ross' new apartment seemed pretty nice. The kitchen and the living room were only divided by a partition wall, which made the room appear larger and more open and the apartment definietly had enough room for one person. With no furniture and the walls held in plain beige, the apartment looked rather boring and not as if it belonged to a 26-year-old but she wouldn't have expected anything else from Ross.

"I'm supposed to attach a brackety thing to the side things, using a bunch of these little worm guys." Cassidy looked up from her book and turned her upper body 90 degrees to look at Ross over her shoulder as he kneeled on the floor behind her and held an instruction paper in his hands, in front of him lay several logs, of which Cassidy had no idea what they were supposed to look like assembled. With his position looking anything but comfortable, she distorted her face. "I have no brackety thing, I see no worm guys whatsoever and—I cannot feel my legs," he said, dropping the instruction paper beaten to the ground and leaned on his knee to rise from his uncomfortable position with a groan.

"Wow, you're really good at this," Cassidy mocked him with a sarcastic grin. "I wonder why you didn't make furniture building your profession."

"What's this?" Joey, who stood on the other side of the room, caught her attention. Him and Chandler were working on something that looked like a bookshelf. Though they were sluggish as well, at least they made greater progress than Ross.

Chandler stood behind his best friend, his hands on his hips as he looked over his shoulder and at the object in his hands. "I would have to say that is an 'L'-shaped bracket."

"Which goes where?"

"I have no idea," he replied before turning to his friend, who had turned back to her books. "Hey, Cass! Any idea where we're supposed to put this?"

With her eyebrows raised, she looked up, briefly studying the object Joey showed her, before replying with a simple "Nope". She looked over her shoulder at Ross to see that he had gone into the kitchen and pulled something from the fridge before gesturing the boys to just hide the object somewhere.

After Joey had thrown it into the flowerpot of the plant next to him, he clapped his hands and turned to his friend. "Done with the bookcase!"