Chapter 1

"Why?! You gotta tell me why ?!" I scream.

"You wanna know why?! It was because I liked the way you looked at me damn it !!" She shouts back.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

"I liked the way you looked at me. As though I wasn't a mean and insecure bitch. You looked at me as though I was normal, as though I was whole."

"But that's not who I am. At the end of the day I am still broken glass and it would hurt to be near me. As such it's gone. The way you looked at me. It's no longer there cause you know all this now." She says quietly.

"I know you are broken glass but I still touch you even though I know I would get hurt. You are dangerous with sharp edges but beautifully complex. And you ought to know that nothing can ever change the way I look at you." I say softly.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Nolan, dont make me come up there. For the love of God, help me with all this." My mom shouts.

I keep aside the book that I was reading and go downstairs.

"Take these two boxes to the main bedroom and I'll tell you where to keep the rest." She says.

We had just reached this town a few days back. I won't say that I enjoy being here.

It's just really different from my previous town. Doesn't quite feel like home.

After helping mom with the arrangement and shifting the large bookcase atleast 17 times (She wasn't satisfied no matter where I kept it) I went back to my room.

I try to continue reading my book but after sometime I give up and keep it aside.

I make a mental list of the pros and cons of opening the window and screaming at my amazingly obedient next door neighbour to decrease the volume of his pleasant music before I lose my hearing sense.

In the end I decide against it and go tell mom that I'm gonna go outside for a stroll.

I continue walking to God knows where.

I don't know anything about this town and have absolutely no sense of directions but if I stay in that room for one more minute I'm surely gonna go bonkers.

I enter the woods and start reading my book while I continue to walk.

This is another one of the many shitty talents I possess. Being able to walk while reading and not landing on my butt. Not appreciated by most but comes in handy.

I shut my book after some time and am surprised to see that I'm in the middle of nowhere.

I mean alright, it wasn't that surprising considering that I had been reading while walking through woods in a place that I don't know.

But you get the point.

I've been walking here and there for 10 mins trying to find my way when I find an opening between the cluster of trees.

I go there and am shocked at the sight in front of me.

"Holy crap."

There is a small lake with sparkling water surrounded by trees on all sides.

I am still awed at the sight when I notice something.

More specifically, someone.

There is a girl sitting on a rock beside the river. Her dark brown hair fall in graceful waves. She is wearing a jeans and t-shirt.