T W O

Don't be a silent reader. Let me know what you think! Your thoughts move this story! Enjoy! x

_________

The cold water is a startling feeling against Aurelie's skin as she tries to overcome her sudden scare from the attractive farmhand named Luke, whose smile and dimples were too pretty to be real

She kicks her legs to swim up towards the surface but her skirt tangles around her legs, making it hard to do so.

Her next scare is the sudden feeling of arms wrapping around her waist and a broad chest against her back as she is dragged to the surface quickly.

With a loud gasp of breath when they break through the surface of the water, Aurelie swiftly turns in Luke's arms and gives him an intense glare, her hands flinging up to push back her hair from her eyes and splashing them both in the face.

"Are you crazy?" She snaps, ignoring how adorable his nose is and how it's littered with freckles and how he was biting his lip to hold back his laugh.

Wow, his eyes are beautiful. Crystal blue like two bright sapphires.

"Me? Maybe, but I'm not the one standing at the very edge of the pier in the middle of nowhere, Miss. Stone! And, that is certainly not the way to speak to the man who just saved you," His eyes twinkle as she fights the urge to scream.

"I wouldn't need saving if you hadn't scared me!" She exclaims as she finally notices how close she is to him, their chests right up against one another, and his strong arms still wrapped around her waist as his legs kicked steadily to keep them treading water. Placing her shaky hands against his chest, she pushes off him and clumsily grasps for the edge of the pier.

Seeing her try to pull herself up, she jolts when his arms now rest against her legs and he helps push her up. "I'm just helping you," he mutters, seeing her expression, and she relaxes, pulling herself back up with his help.

Plopping her bum down on the pier and with her chest heaving from the sudden exertion, she watches with weary eyes as he easily pulls himself up, his biceps bulging, and he sits beside her as well to catch his breath.

"I have certainly enjoyed meeting you, Miss. Stone," he laughs musically as she huffs, wringing our her wet skirt and hair.

"Oh, yes. It's certainly been a pleasure, Mr. Hemmings," her voice is riddled with sarcasm, knowing she sounds like a brat, but too damp and cold to care at the moment.

He lets out a hum, staring at her face with an odd look in his eyes, before she looks over at him with a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm acting like a full blown brat. Thank you for saving me," he begins to grin before she throws a hand up. "Even though you're the one who caused this whole predicament in the first place!" She quickly adds before he can get too cocky.