"Nice to see you." he looked pale.

"You okay?"

"Might be coming down with something.." Pat shrugged, "doubt it's anything serious."

"Well drinks tons of water." Parker figured he was probably getting a cold. She always got one as the weather turned chillier so she felt for him there.

"Didn't think that stopped any sickness..."

"Hey it's the only advice I have. I normally down tons of medicine." she looked at him and shrugged. She was starting to shift through her book-bag to grab her headphones.

"Safe."

Patrick carefully watched as Parker fiddled with her phone and headphones. Her hair was laid perfectly in front of her face, and slowly she brushed some behind her ear before settling in. They didn't talk anymore, but Pat couldn't help but give a tight lipped smile.

Honestly he didn't feel great at all, pretty nauseous actually. He hoped it would pass by tomorrows game since it was a back to back. Being sick was one of his least favorite things in the world because he needed to be on his game. Stressing over the standings was something he tried not to do, it was early enough where he didn't need to. If he had to play while sick he would, as long as he was still able to stand he'd be out on the ice.

•••

   The Canadian road trip had been a mess. From Kaner missing a game due to sickness, to Parker losing 4-0, being completely shut out against the teams were disheartening. Even as early it still was in the season, that couldn't be an excuse for them playing bad. Falling back now would only hurt them in the long run.

Parker sat in her apartment alone, watching a show on investigation discovery as it was past dinner time. She didn't want to go out with a few of the younger guys tonight, she felt down and also didn't want to risk her sobriety. But apart of her wish she did. Everyone surely felt the way she did, disappointed with the sudden path their season was heading down. On top of that, there were rumors circling regarding their coach. Parker felt so exhausted and she wanted to stay away from social media.

Nobody was doubting her hockey skills, for now. Parker knew it would be coming if they kept losing whenever she was in goal. It was inevitable because fanbases blew up when their team lost. They'd call for the goalies head, the captains or the coaches. Whoever could take the entire fault of the team would get the worst of it for a few hours. Anyone who followed any sports team closely knew that's how it worked. As unfortunate as it was. Parker was going to do her best not to pay attention but it could be difficult.

Knock. Parker had been lying around moping. But now she would be forced to get up as her thoughts were broken at the sound of someone's knuckles against her front door. She didn't know who would be here at this time.

Going over and grasping the door handle, she opened it with hesitancy before she saw the taller and muscular figure of Patrick Kane. His signature hair also gave him up.

"Hi Pat."

"Hey Parker. Doing anything right now?"

"Nope, wanna come in?" she raised an eyebrow. He looked pretty casual but had his phone in hand, more than likely because he was looking for something to do.

"Hoping you'd say that."

"Damn you just can't get enough of me can yah." Parker laughed as she closed the door behind him.

"You wish kid."

Even if he had invited himself into Parker's apartment, he still watched her to see what she was going to do. He followed her lead as she went towards the couch and then noticed the tv on. Instead of sitting on the opposite side of the couch like he normally would, he took a seat a couple inches away. She was much closer in reach. And he wanted that because he wanted to talk to her about not putting any blame on herself.