"Anytime now!" The driver yelled

I shake my head. Are they crazy?  Before I knew it my legs moved on their own.  Slowly I approached the rear of the bus and stared out the opening.

Am I really going to do this?

"Just go already!" I feel a force behind me, catching me off guard, I stumbled out of the doorway and felt the sudden sensation of falling.  The gap between the bus and I was growing rapidly, and I finally came to the realization that I was hurtling myself straight to death.

"The fu- aaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH SHIT!" I scream, thrashing around in the open air helplessly.

I fall for what seems like hours but was in reality 30 seconds or less.  The ground slowly grew in my view as what seemed like my end approached me at rapid speed.

This is is, goodbye.

Suddenly, as if controlled by a ventriloquist, I reach for my back pocket.

The hell?  There's nothing in there.

I grasp a circular object and pull it out in front of me.  I stare at it, trying to figure out what the hell it was.  It sprang open and grew in size, and 2 handles were presented in front of me.  Without hesitation, I grab them just at the flap of cloth on top opened up to take in the air.  A sudden force tugs at my arms, almost making me lose my grip.  My momentum towards the ground slowed significantly and became a slow, yet steady descent.  I take in my surroundings to figure out where I should head.  I look below and notice a giant crater lied underneath me.  I've heard the story on how a meteor made a crash landing, destroying a large area of land and storage.

This must be Dusty then, so that means...

I raise my head up and look toward the old storage facilities.  There remained half of the middle storage unit, with one half remaining barely upright, but reinforced to prevent collapse.  The other unit that remained fully intact was different.  Structures were built that extended outward, and the old metal doors were replaced with concrete walls with doors and windows.  Cars filled the parking lot outside, with picnic tables outside for dining.  A large metal sign with a giant coffee cup marked the location.

Dusty Diner

This was the location the driver talked about, where people set up a meeting for the new guys.

I should head over there, it would be nice to start off right with people for once.

I lean my weight forward, shifting the momentum to propel me forward in the direction of the diner.  The ground increasingly came closer to my feet, to the point where my toes almost dragged on it.  I brace of landing and safely hit the ground running, but quickly halted to a walk.  I place the glider at my side and it shrank away into nothing.

That's... odd.

I look up to see a few stragglers approaching the diner with the same idea as me.  Two notables being Fable and Dire, and no sign of Dusk anywhere.

There's a shocker, good riddance, for now.

I landed in front of the giant sign right outside the diner and begin to make my way up to the entrance.  I'm stopped by a feminine voice behind me.

"Hey!  You're the girl from the station!" I turn around and was met by Fable.  Dire landed not too far behind her and made his way up to us.

"Oh.  Hey Fable, Dire, I'm Calamity." I extend my hand out, and both shook it vigorously.

"We're sorry for how Dusk treated you so far." Dire coaxed

"She has an ego at times, and holds grudges pretty well." Fable interrupted