We never agreed to a FUCKING REJECTION SO THAT WE COULD FUCKING DIE YOU FUCKTARD! Rica roared in my head. She was fighting for control, and it took all my concentration to hold her back. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see everyone watching me. I look towards the Alpha and saw he was waiting for me to approach the stage. My whole body protested going up those steps, each one more disturbing than the next. I moved to stand next to Alpha who wore his fake smile. He moved to the side, and Xander stood up from his chair and walked to stand next to me. I took a shaky breath and faced him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Xander, my voice void of any emotions. I was in my warrior stance in front of the whole pack. Back straight, hands folded in front of me and feet shoulder-width apart. I know I looked composed because that's my training. Be composed; don't lose control. Don't lose the battle. But all I wanted to do was run into his arms. Beg him to reconsider. Promise him that I would be the best for him. 

Is our mate really going to reject us? My wolf asked in my head, just like me she couldn't believe this. 

Yes. I replied showing her how much this truly hurt me. I feel her shake in anger. She was the one I relied on, my strength. And I couldn't help but feel comforted by her rage. Rage for me not against me. Our mate was already hurting us, and Ulrica wanted to rip him apart. I held her back.

Please...I am already struggling enough...please we can't lose control. Let me borrow your strength. Help me get through this. I plead to Ulrica. I feel her recoil inside me further, and then all her courage rushed into me. Everything that makes her strong was in me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second. If I opened them now, they would show my wolf's green eyes. It only took a second before I had control again. This was what power felt like this is my wolf's strength. I open my dark blue eyes and look at Xander again. He was staring at his shoes. Coward doesn't even have the decency to look me in the eyes while he tears us apart. He knew what he was doing was wrong. It was rare for a wolf to reject their mate, but it was unheard of to have a future Alpha refuse their next Luna. Just my luck I guess.

"I, Xander Valverde, Future Alpha of The Nightfall Pack reject you Anala Rozinov as my mate." With those words, I felt our bond begin to break. It was agonizing like being whipped and have those wounds have acid poured on them. That burning sensation started in my heart, and I felt it spread throughout my body. I took a shaky breath but remained cold and emotionless. I needed to leave quickly; I need to find somewhere safe.

"I, Anala Rozinov, Daughter of Beta Keone Rozinov accept your rejection as your mate," I replied my voice, surprisingly even and cold. This time it was Xander's turn to face the pain. He clutched his chest and took a step back a little blood coming out of his nose. Weak. I quickly turn to the Alpha. He held my gaze. He knew what I wanted.

"You are now free to join the Alpha King's Army. Please pack your things and report to my office. The King will be sending someone to collect you." He said, his voice rough with emotions. He was pretending to hate this decision, but he was the one who suggested this damn rejection. The Alpha didn't want his son with a Blood Wolf. But he had to pretend for the pack.

"Sorry Alpha. But I have decided I will go rogue." There were gasps among the crowd. The Alpha looked appalled this wasn't a part of the plan. No one refused the King. But I refuse to be another playing card for another pack. No more. I want my freedom. If my mate isn't it, I will find my way. Before Alpha could say anything, I spoke loud and clear.

"I, Anala Rozinov, reject The Nightfall Pack." Another pain exploded in my head as I felt every link to the pack break. The last one to break was the Alpha who was trying to hold on. Inside my mind, I pushed hard on the weakened link until it broke. The Alpha stumbled step back before crouching down ready to attack. I hold my stance and keep my eyes down prepared to fight. After a minute his growls stopped, I turn around and walk off the stage. The pack members make way when I walk to my family. If looks could kill my father would have me tortured and buried alive. I avoid his eyes. Finally, I would be leaving his grasp. I will be free. I stop in front of my brothers. And just for a moment, I felt like I was going to cry and show them that the daughter of Keone has emotions. But a part of me still wants my father's love... always tries to please him. I look at my oldest brother; we both know I cannot make the first move, so he grabs me and pulls me into a tight hug. I keep my arms to my side. I want to hug him back. To show him I love him. 

Why shouldn't you? We are free now. My wolf says softly. 

Hug Brother goodbye. She commands, and tentatively I raise my arms and hug him back. It felt so warm and pleasant. I didn't deserve this, but I thank the moon goddess for allowing this moment with him.

"Take care of yourself." Antoni whispers, he said it so quietly it was barely a breath. Because of our damn good hearing, it was always hard to have private conversations. But this time it was meant only for me. I give him a small smile and step back. But not before discretely placing my note in his pocket. He will find it eventually and hopefully; he will honor my request. I look at my middle brother, Milo and he grabs me for a hug as well, we are there for a couple of seconds before I feel Antoni join in the embrace. For a moment, everything is fine, for a moment I feel no pain, and it is bliss. So this is family love. But like everything else in my life it was torn away by my father. I felt him grab my arm and pull me away from my brothers.

"Stop being a fucking bitch." He snarled in my face. "You are a disappointment to me just like your whore of a mother." I look at him for the first time. He had sharp features, but old age was starting to wear them down. His hazel eyes were hard, but if I looked into them for long enough, I saw he was still hurting for the loss of his mate. He doesn't mean it. Before I could stop myself, I place my hand on his chest. It was a wolf's gesture to someone they hugely respected. I step in closer and whisper in his ear.

"You loved my mother, so I will let that comment go. But if you ever disrespect her like that to my face...I will kill you." I warned my voice harsh. I move to the side and begin walking towards the forest. For years he has been my torturer and prison guard. But I allowed that treatment. I could have easily left, but I had hope that my mate was going to be in this pack. I thought that the price of staying would be worth having my mate, someone to love me. I look back at my ex-mate, and we make eye contact his eyes full of pain and even though he rejected me all I wanted to do was go over to him and hold him. Instead, I turn around and continue walking to the edge of the forest. I go to a tree and pick up the bookbag with my three pairs of shirts and pants. I always had one foot out of this pack, of this hell. But my fantasy was too strong to let go of, an illusion that maybe one day I could be happy. All these years and it was just a dream. I just wanted a mate...I tried to find love. If that wasn't in the cards for me then so be it. I hold back the tears as I walked out of my old packs territory and became a rogue.

"Happy Birthday Anala," I mutter to myself

__________________________________________________________________

Another chapter!!!! 

If you like this chapter, please don't forget to vote and let me know what you guys think!!!

*PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT*