Queen in a puddle.

Still the Commander's POV.

"Commander of Royal guards, what is the due punishment for my personal guard here, who is fond of going against my order?"
'Order?'
'Would it be taking a break from duty?'

"That should be treason, your Majesty"

"And he has successfully managed to exchange our duties"
'Meaning he protects him instead?'

"With your Majesty? That should be enough to exterminate his whole clan"
Her highness looked from me to him.

"And what would you expect him to be doing as he goes against my order"

"For him to be by your side?"

"But instead he goes around the palace with someone who is also fond of going against my order.."
'That should be..me?'

"Well..uhmm.. "

"He has made new friends too"
"Could there be an appropriate punishment, Commander?"

"Indeed, only your Majesty can judge the weight of his crime"

"And i shall"
"Both of you, follow me"
"You better not think of getting any sleep tonight"

"Well..you should pave the path, your highness"i said guiding her with my palm.

He made his way to the divination palace stopping at where the priestesses offer their prayer.
It was decorated with flowers and fire was lit at both sides.

"We should pray here for the success of the Coronation and maybe anything else you wish to pray for"
They went down on their knees bringing their hands together in prayer.
It started drizzling after some time but neither did they open their eyes nor shift, so i decided to let them be.
They stood up when the rain became heavier.
"I will go and bring a cover, wait for me there"i said pointing at the small abandoned tent.
'I have to hurry 'i thought racing off.

The King's POV.
Since the main palace was quiet far from the divination palace it was better to wait for the Commander to return and the tea hut doesn't have any chairs so we had to sit on the tall slab it was erected on.

"What did your Majesty pray for?"

"What about my lady?"

"I?"
"I prayed nobody looses his or her life on the Coronation day and if i do take the Crown i pray to uphold justice and i pray my people always come first before myself and my interest, i pray to control my power not the other way round"
She shifted to lock eyes with me.
"I also pray the heavens keep your Majesty strong and safe and i pray we never drift apart"
'There is that too'

"I prayed the same for us too but with the prayer that the heavens ease your difficulties and keep you safe as you naturally cause more troubles"
She made a scowl with her face.

"I won't make any promises"

"You already have plans don't you?"
She folded her legs up because of the cool breeze.

"Your Majesty, i want to be a full soldier"
I patted my lap for her to lie down and she acted as if i didn't have to suggest.

"You want to fight wars?"

"Well..maybe"
She wouldn't admit it directly.

"My lady forgets i used to be the General"

"A General i haven't had a single dual with yet, how can i know?" She murmured in complain.

"I will teach you"
Her eyes and lips went up in glee and she dramatically dusted her left ear.

"Pardon?"

"I will teac.."
She sprang up before I could finish almost bumping her head to my face.

"Your Majesty will? But can you?"
"How?"

"There should be a way"
She snuggled back.

"But i think your Majesty will take it easy on me"
'I am not sure about that either but i said anyway..'

"You would be the one to say you are having a hard time"

"Will i?"she replied weakly.
"To tell your Majesty the truth i prayed you will let me be a proper soldier" then slowly.
'Is she sleepy?'

"My lady"

"Ehmm"

"Stay awake"

"Uhmm"

"My lady?"
Silence.

"My lady"
Silence.

She must have been loosing sleep because he doesn't sleep much during the night.
And the rain hasn't ceased yet.

Yoo hwa's POV.
I woke up abruptly from the sleep i fought relentlessly.
My hair was loosed from it's band and the beard was gone too.
I sat up.
"Did i fall asleep?" I asked and he threw me a look.

"This is why i can't let you go far away from me"
He stood up.
"You are capable of sleeping anywhere"
His legs were wet and dripping.

"Not anywhere, it is because i trust your Majesty"
He undid his belt.

"What about in that prison and at camp"
He removed his robe.

"It was still because i trusted your Majesty, your Majesty's soldiers were protecting me"
I carried my hat which had my beard and hair band in it.

"Hmm here, get under my robe"

"What about the Commander?"i asked while pulling the end of the robe over my head.

"You will catch cold if we wait any longer"
"Ready?"

"Ready"

The torches were far away and dim because of the breeze. All it took was a few steps before i felt my feet sink.
'Mud! Or worst quick sand'
I uprooted my feet leaving my shoes behind but my second step became harder than the first.
"Your Majesty?"
I looked to his Majesty who seems to be struggling from the same.

"Consider this your first lesson, under my training, you should cross as fast as you can"
My jaw almost dropped.
'Now? When i am miserably holding unto my hat and at the same time pulling the robe over my head? Or not because it just slipped out of my fingers.
The rain drops slapped me across my face sending shivers down my spine.

"Pyeha!(Your Majesty) Phyeha!" I called for help.

"Hold on"
He struggled to pass the other end of the robe but i still couldn't get a hold of it.
'What was i even doing?'
'This will only slow us down, since i am already damp it will be better to get over it as fast as possible'

"Your Majesty hold my hat"
I passed it to him.
I gathered my strength and lifting my legs up high.
"I..step..am..step...a soldier...i step..will.....not be...stuck..defeate..stuck.."
I fell down flat to a sitting position.
"I..will..not"
I started digging out my right leg.
His Majesty came to stand in front of me with his arms crossed, his robe handing on his left forearm.

"My lady?"