Bring Me to Life

She sighed.

Lauren didn't really know what to do. She walked from corner to corner, hands on her hips, hair flailing behind her. Her feet made soft, dull, padding noises as she walked. She ran a hand through her hair before she finally stopped, staring at the phone, willing it to ring.

It didn't.

So she plopped down on the couch and turned on the television. It had been several days since her cold, and she hadn't heard much from Y/n ever since he had asked her to pose nude- mind you- for his latest painting. One that was going to Paris, of all places. She just knew that today was the day she was supposed to go down to his apartment and pose. After she got a call from Y/n.

He hadn't called yet.

And it was driving Lauren crazy.

She realized she couldn't sit still, so she moved into the kitchen to fix herself a glass of water. "Come on..." She muttered as she took a swig of the icy liquid.

"Lauren..."

"Hm? Yeah, Mani?"

Normani, who had been away from her apartment more than she had been at it, was standing at her doorway, looking cross and amused all at the same time, "You need to calm down, sweetie."

Lauren blinked, feigning innocence, "Calm down? I don't know what you mean?"

Normani laughed as she walked over to the kitchen. She wrapped an arm around her and smiled, saying, "Nude, really? I didn't think you would be so nervous about it."

"Not just that..."

"Oh, right," Normani said, rolling her eyes as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "You like him- "

"Shut up!"

"Oh, yeah, like everyone in the world can hear me."

Lauren laughed at that. She really did need to chill out. Being nervous wasn't settling well with her stomach, and she knew if she worried long enough it would wreak havoc on her pores. Heaven forbid that would happen! She laughed again and then...

Ring, ring, ring!

"See? I told you he'd call."

"No, you didn't!"

Lauren was still laughing as she picked the phone up and said, "Hello?"

"Hey, Laur."

Her heart fluttered at the sound of his voice immediately, "Hello, Y/n." She said with a large grin on her face, while Mani made kissy-kissy noises behind her. "Shut up!" She waved her hand at her roommate, who only laughed and then snorted, like a pig, which made Lauren laugh so hard she almost forgot the handsome man on the other end of the phone line.

"Do I need to call back?" Y/n asked, starting to chuckle as well.

"N-No, it's..." Lauren couldn't finish because she started laughing again at Normani, who this time had tripped over a rug at the foot of the couch. It took a while, but Lauren finally collected herself, "It's fine."

"Okay, good." Y/n said, but with some hesitance, added, "You ready?"

"Yeah. You ready?"

"Of course."

"We sound like we're about to make a drug bust." Lauren chuckled to herself, and Y/n joined with her. She was in a surprisingly giddy mood today.

"Alright, I'll be there in a little bit."

"Fine with me." He replied, "See you when you get here."

With that, they both hung up.

Y/n put the phone on the receiver and sighed. It took more out of him to be happy then he thought it would be. In the few days he had not contacted Lauren, he had almost gone crazy. But he had good reason to not contact her. Even thinking about it now, he realized he had done the right thing by not talking to her.