Regret

Dipper walks to the small room Bill gave him, a bed and a window to overlook the chaos outside and a small bathroom connected, and lets out a shaky breath.

He lays down and forces himself to relax, letting his strong exterior fall away. He curls up in his blankets and starts crying.

Dipper looks down at his blood covered hands and lets out a sob, shutting his eyes so he doesn't have to look at the mess.

You killed him.

You killed him and you enjoyed it.

You killed him.

What would Mabel think.

What would Ford think?

He runs his fingers through his hair and latches on, tugging at the strands in an attempt to focus himself.

He had to stay calm. He couldn't let anyone see him break down like this. Especially not Bill. The dream demon wouldn't let him do anything if he thought Dipper was weak. He would go back to the cell. He couldn't allow that to happen. He can't go back. Not again.

This was all too much. Why did he think he was ready for this? He can't be Bill's perfect little servant. He couldn't kill them. Not all of them. He couldn't do it.

Gideon was a horrible, disgusting human being who had done nothing but hurt him and his family all summer. He deserved what he got. But the other's didn't deserve it. And Dipper knew Bill wouldn't be satisfied with just Gideon. He would want more. He wouldn't let the Pines family escape just like that.

But why did it have to be me?

Because you sold your soul to a demon. You deserve to suffer.

He let's the tears fall down his face, letting them wash away some of the filth from his skin. He knows he needs to calm down, but he can't seem to slow his breath down.

The panic attack was interrupted by a bright, all too familiar yellow glow. Duper quickly stands and tries to wipe the years from his face. He couldn't let Bill see him like this. He couldn't show fear.

"Heya, Pinetree! Good work out th- Have you been crying?"

Shit. So much for acting tough in front of Bill.

He couldn't hide it from the demon, so he just nods a small bit, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Look, Pinetree. Killing may not be easy for you humans, but I think you show great potential. And you looked like you were having a great time out there!"

Dipper sighs and looks away, knowing the words were true. What was wrong with him?! He had killed someone in cold blood, and enjoyed it so much even Bill noticed. So why... Why did he feel terrible now?

It wasn't fair!

"Look, Pinetree. It'll be okay. You've been told all your life that killing is wrong, but there was a time when that wasn't the case. The urge to kill is human nature. You'll get the hang of it."

Dipper felt a warm pair of arms wrap around him, and he sighs, nothing the gloves. Bill was in his human form again, and for some reason, this relaxed him, causing him to lean against the figure holding him, craving the human contact, even if it wasn't from a real human.

"It's just... I liked it. I... I didn't want to like it but I did. I shouldn't ha-"

"Pinetree stop. It really is okay. You don't have to love it right now. We have all the time in the multiverse to get rid of those that hurt you. You don't have to rush things."

The boy nods and leans further into the demon's touch, nearly passing out from exhaustion. How long has it been since he last slept?

"It's okay, Pinetree. You've done good today, you deserve rest. I'll keep the nightmares away."

"Promise...?"

The boy's broken whisper made the demon want to smile, as he chuckles.

"I promise, Pinetree. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Bill."

The boy quickly fell asleep, and Bill carries him up to his room, laying the boy in bed and making sure he wouldn't have any nightmares tonight.

He doesn't know why, but he's finding himself caring about his little puppet.

He cares if the boy gets hurt.

He cares if the boy has nightmares.

He cares if that damn meatsack gets upset over some stupid killing.

He should kill Pinetree off now and make it easier on himself, but he can't seem to do it.

The thought of hurting Pinetree upsets him.

He stares at the boy for a while before returning to the throne room of the fear-a-mid and sits down.

He has some thinking to do.

∆ A/N ∆

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took so long to write, and I'm sorry it isn't as long as the others. I've been having a bit of writer's block lately. If it's needed, I'll come back and rewrite this chapter to make it longer and a bit more detailed. Either way, I hope you Enjoy! Feedback is welcome. Love you all!

-Aspen