Facing the Consequences

Dipper stares at the dark walls surrounding him, no longer sure how long he had been stuck in this room. Had it been days, weeks, years, or merely hours? He had no clue, not that time mattered much anymore now that Bill was in charge.

Yes, Dipper had grown to accept that Bill was in charge. There was no getting around it. And Dipper, who had always had a strong sense of justice, had willingly joined his side. Yes, it was to save his grunkle, but it still felt like a betrayal, and Dipper was filled to the brim with guilt.

This is what his life was between Bill's visits. The darkness, and his own thoughts were the only things keeping him company, and at first all he felt was fear.

Fear for his sister, for his friends, for his Grunkles. He fears for their lives, guilt overwhelming him when he realizes that he didn't ask for their safety. He only asked to switch places with Grunkle Ford.

Then, after a while, his guilt turned to anger. Anger at Bill for starting Weirdmageddon. Anger at Bill for tormenting his family for such a long time. Anger at Ford for letting himself get captured by Bill. Angry at Ford for making a deal with Bill in the first place and building the portal. Angry at Stan for lying to him all summer and constantly picking on him. Angry at Mabel for never listening to him, for being selfish, for only caring about her art, or her summer romances.

Had any of them really cared? Dipper looks back, and all he could see was the pain all the others had caused him. Sure, there had been good times, but there had been a lot of bad times as well.

And the longer Dipper stayed in this room, the more the bad times drowned out the good, until all he could feel was pure resentment to the people of Gravity Falls.

He could list each person, who had ever wronged him, and he hated that most of it had been recent. 

His anger grew, but so did his gratefulness to Bill. The demon had tried telling him before, right before possesing him, but Dipper hadn't listened then.

"How many times have you sacrificed for her?"

He glares into the darkness, remembering each time he had given for the family, only to see nothing in return.

When he gave up his chances with Wendy just so Mabel could get her pig. When he fought the shapeshifter for Wendy, only for her to reject him and break his heart. When he helped Mabel with a stupid puppet show instead of finding the password for the journal.

It was frustrating, to say the least, that Dipper had neglected the demon's warning. Sure, Bill is evil, but he was also extremely smart. He saw this coming, and had tried to warn Dipper, but Dipper had ignored him in a fit of anger. He'll have to apologize later on.

But for now, Dipper must sit in the dark room and face the consequences of his actions.

He had made a deal, and if sitting in a dark room by himself was his punishment, he'll take it willingly.

•••••

Ford stopped running only when he reached the shack, out of breath and in pain as he stumbles inside.

One of the monsters had swung  at him when he ran past, and even though only the top of the claw had caught him, the wound was still deep enough to cause pain, and Ford felt the warm trickle of blood down his side from the wound.

He runs down to the basement, ignoring the surprised look his brother gave him, and starts treating his wound.

His mind was already racing with plans to get Dipper back, and he was holding back any guilt he felt over the loss of his great nephew.

He couldn't think about Dipper. Thinking about Dipper would be like admitting a loss, and he isn't willing to lose to Bill Cipher.

Bill Cipher wasn't allowed to win. He had been fighting this battle far too long for Cipher to just win.

He'll take care of this wound, talk to his brother, and go find the kids.

A sharp exhale escapes him as he wraps his wound, sounding similar to a hiss. This was his punishment for leaving Dipper behind. He deserved this pain.

When he gets the twins back he'll have to apologize for letting this all happen. If he had stopped Bill all those years ago, the universe wouldn't be at stake now.

The pain and the guilt. He had to suffer the consequences for his actions, and would do so until his family was safe, and Bill was gone for good

"Ford, what's going on?" Stan's voice was worried, yet annoyed.

•••••

Bill was floating above his friends, a glass of time punch in his hand, enjoying the feeling of panic that was spread throughout the town below him. He loved it when everything went to plan.

Everything had gone to plan, and nothing felt better than when everything works out.

That is, until Time Baby came to ruin his party.

Bill was having fun. Bill was having a good time, and that baby had the audacity to try and take it away? He had been planning this for an eternity, and now that it had come he wasn't ready to let it be taken away.

Bill could feel his temper rising with every word, his vision going red as he shoots a laser from his hand, killing off the baby and the surrounding time troups.

"Oh snap, he just killed Time Baby!"

Keyhole's words were followed by a few seconds of silence before the henchmaniacs burst into cheers.

Bill felt proud of himself, leaning back and relaxing once more. Time Baby would come back, but that wouldn't be for a few thousand years, and he was in control of time now.

Bill smirks to himself (not that anyone else could see it) and watches as his friends continue the party.

Yes, everything was falling into place. Soon, Pinetree would join him for good, and he could start phase two of the plan.

Did he feel guilty? No, not in the slightest.

Things like guilt and consequences weren't for him, they were for the mortals he used as pawns and puppets.

Speaking of puppets, he should go pay a visit to Pinetree.