TAKE XIII- Punishment.

Start from the beginning

    “The first to score three points, wins.” He said.

    “Fine by me.”

    I dribbled and ran past him, fast enough to get away before he could steal the ball. And by the time he reached out his hand to me, I had already done the three-pointer. He ran to the ball, took it and dribbled.

    He eyed me. “I see. So your specialty is being fast.” He mumbled.

    I blinked. He moved to the left, then right and got through. I cursed mentally and ran to him. I tried to steal the ball but he made his shot. He took the ball again and I managed to steal it. I ran to the basket and made a three-pointer. He slammed the ball away and made his three-pointer instead.

    I thought hard and took the ball. As I dribbled, I looked for the way out from him. I eyed his hetero orbs start to strategize his way to the basket. When he stepped forward, I purposely moved a bit to the right and let him steal the ball. But before he could run away, I stepped forward and stole the ball back from him. He tried to chase after me but I ducked under his arm and threw the ball from my crouching position. The ball went in perfectly and Akashi caught it.

    “Hm I see….” He muttered.

-w-

Akashi almost smiled, as he knew her abilities. No wonder Reo said he’d be happy to have her in the team. Well, to Akashi, not until he found out why she’s acting like this. Maybe he could do something to lure her out of her secret. He purposely threw the ball out of the court and let her take it.

    She sighed, “Are you like trying to give me massive muscle sores?”

    She threw the ball back to him. As it went past his head, he raised his hand and his finger touched the ball, pushing it further when it’s supposed to stop at him. Her eyes widened as the ball bounced to the street.

    He smirked and spun on his heels to catch the ball that is now lying on the empty road. He knew there won’t be any cars as this is a private mansion; he just wanted to test Kazuto.

    He stopped and crouched down. “AKASHI!!!!” she screamed and pushed him to the other side of the road, with her trembling legs and both of them fell down to the ground. She was clutching his shirt tightly, her breath hitching.

    He blinked repeatedly. Now he knows why. Something like this must’ve happened in the past. “Don’t…. do that again!” she rasped and he could see her trembling hands.

    He patted her back. “This is a private mansion, Kazuto. No cars would pass here.” He said.

    “W-what if…. There’s a car….?” She asked.

 -w-

    I almost died as I watched Akashi ran to the street for the ball. What if a car passed by and hit him? What if the history was to repeat again? He’d have been killed!

    “There won’t.” he replied simply.

    Ridiculous. Then why was Kazuki killed? Why did the car passed by our house even it’s a private area? “T-then tell me why Kazuki d-di..ed..” I blurted out unconsciously.

    I thought I saw him smirk but pushed the thoughts away. “It was the car’s fault for intruding your private area. It has nothing to do with you,” he said. There it goes again. People saying it’s not my fault and such. Why’s it not my fault when it’s clearly me that threw the ball out of the court? “But if you were to involve in that situation, it’s partially your fault.” He said.