The End...or not

1 week after the hospital

I lay in my bed with Roger next to me, stroking my hair. We all got out of the hospital a week ago. The marks on my back are now painful scars of what I had been through.
Rogers parents were sent to prison so he had been staying with Bri and I for a while. I've been dismissed from school for awhile until I'm ready to go back.
Brian went back right as he was released form the hospital giving me a good laugh. Alice is at home resting. She's still in a bit of pain but they did surgery on her and she's gonna be okay.
We have the police the tapes, the keys, the access to our parents houses, and even to Rogers flat. They did another thorough search by the shore and found nothing. My parents were finally buried under the tree that Roger and I carved our names in. We bought that small portion of the park and placed the gravestones there, under the carving.
Roger and I are finally together and Alice is rather happy for us. The band is still doing little gigs here and there and I always find time to watch them. The press is still filled with our story and we even appeared on tele and radio last week.
Michaels company now belongs to Roger, but due to the lost of interest he handed it over to his sister, Claire. I see a therapist 3 times a week from now on and describe what Michael had put me through.
Roger visited his parents in prison. They didn't say much or at least that's what Roger said. I have to meet up with Michael today and I am not excited about it.
But now, at last. It's quiet, it's soothing, it's even a bit joyful. My questions had been answered and my life is now back to normal, but I'm still forced to go meet up with Michael and talk to him about I don't even know.
We leave in 15 minutes but I want to stay wrapped up in Rogers arms. He looks down at me and smiles.
"You ready to go?" He whispers.
"No, but I don't really have a choice." I reply looking up to him.
"I'll be watching you from the window. I'll be able to hear everything your talking about. You won't be alone." He reassures kissing the top of my head.
"I know. It's just...I don't know what we're suppose to talk about." I mumble, letting out a long sigh.
"All you have to do is ask him questions of your own. Just don't say anything stupid."
"Thanks." I say playfully punching him on the shoulder.
Suddenly the door swings open scaring us.
"Alright you two! C'mon! We've got to go to the prison." He says motioning to the door.
"Don't call it that." I say getting up from the bed and putting my shoes on.
"Well what do you want me to call it?" He asks sarcastically.
"A place for messed up minds."
"That's rehab." Roger replies slipping his jacket on.
"Then a place for TROUBLED minds." I say, walking out of my room towards the door.
"Whatever." Brian says from behind me as all three of us exit the flat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay Miss May, you Wait in this chair and we'll bring him in." A lady instructs, as I take a seat in a chair. "Ok bring him in." She says through her mic.
A door opens and in walks in Michael in an orange jumpsuit and cuffed hands. When he spots me, his face lights up.
My heart begins to race as he takes a seat across from me. He hasn't changed at all well because it's been only a week but still.
"Hello...kitty." He says, his voice raspy and low.
I shift in seat at the name. "Hello...Michael." I reply.
"Your looking nice as usual." He compliments looking at me up and down.
"I have some questions," I change the subject. His ears perk up and his eyes grow.
"Okay, ask away beautiful." He replies leaning back in his chair.
"What did you do with the blood?"
"I threw it in the lake, so it can join with her soul." He replies.
I nod, "were you actually gonna do it? Shoot yourself?" I stutter.
"If it meant I could be with Ruth, than yes, but you. You stopped me."
"How so?"
"Your my best memory of her. I was gonna lower the gun but they had already shot me." He explains.
"Then why would you do that stuff to me?"
"I guess I wasn't in the right state of mind. I wanted you all to myself and when you lied. I was heartbroken so I punished you."
"Why?" I whisper, tearing forming in my eyes.
"Sweetheart I was angry. Angry at myself, you, Roger, Ruth, my wife, I was mad at everyone." He says leaning closer to me.
"Stay back from the victim." She says over the intercom making Michael lean back.
"So, I heard they gave you a scholarship." He says looking into my green eyes.
"Uh...yeah. Criminal Justice." I reply looking down at the table.
"You were very clever with my clues." He says with a small laugh.
"They were quite simple actually." I reply, looking up at him.
"Well, I've got one more case up my sleeve. And this one isn't too easy." He whispers. I look towards the window where Roger and Brian were watching me. I turn back to Michael.
"Oh really?" I ask raising my eyebrows.
     "My first clue you'll find will be at...the strip club downtown. You'll find it in one of the cushions at the bar." He whispers so the mic can't hear. "Good Luck."
     "Alright mate, talk time is over." An officer says grabbing his arm and leading him back in the door.
     I watch him as he walks out. I get up from my chair and head to the door. I enter the room where Roger and Brian stood with the lady.
     Roger approaches me and leans his head by my ear. "What did he whisper to you?" He whispers.
     "I'll tell you both in the car." I reply as the lady approaches me with a stern look.
     "Miss May, you are not aloud to whisper. What did he say?" She demands.
     "Just that he misses my presence and wishes I was back at his house with him." I lie turning to wink at Roger and Brian.
     "You may never do that again." She states walking us back to the entrance.
     We leave the building and head back to the car where Brian immediately asks me what I said.
     "How would you guys like to solve another case?" I ask, turning and smiling at both of them.

To be continued...
Hello fans of Limited Desires. Gotcha with the cliff hanger didn't I? Well your in luck because I'm going to make a book 2 on Limited Desires, with a new case and maybe even characters. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more announcements about it. Bye! 👋