Chapter 11: Frustrations and Declarations

James walked into the cafeteria and looked over at the Cullen's, finding Edward glaring at him and Alice smiling before swatting Edward with a fork.

He smirked a little and sat down with Bella and all her friends as the other of her group, Michael, the nerd with the camera group. Came over with a evil grin.

"Is it a breakup, it is cold feelings? Are the two star crossed lovers drifting apart?"

"Michael, just because your cute doesn't mean I won't trip you."

"You offend me! Not really but come on, spill it. Bella is a little worried that you and Edward might be getting... volatile."

"That is a understatement. Ever experience strong attraction followed by utter fury towards the person in question."

"Oh your in a bad romance. Gotcha. Anyway, I am here to extend a invitation to La Push."

"Wait that place is still around?"

"The all perfect spot for every teenager by the beach? Yes. And we are holding a party out there to celebrate Jessica and her boyfriend getting together. And yes that does extend to Edward if you like... or maybe Jacob."

Michael winked and James felt a rush of embarrassment that someone actually figured that out.

"How did you figure that out!?"

"It's not hard, you two avoid each other like the plague, but you both act very... weird towards each other. Plus... it's not hard to see the way you two look at each other when you think the other isn't looking."

"Sure. Once a long time ago, I cared about him. But do not tell anyone about this, my feelings for him have long since died and I'm worried about finding my father rather then Jacob and Edward."

James stormed off and Michael looked like he might have accidentally struck the bee's nest.

James was carrying his tray out to go sit outside when he tripped and nearly dropped his entire plate, then suddenly he felt the familiar cold hands of a certain pretty boy holding his tray upright while he had fallen on the floor.

"You ok down there?"

"That depends on if you define ok as being in the perfect position for a nut shot."

"Please refrain from hitting me. I know your angry but that is a very bad idea."

James stood up and took his tray and looked down at the floor.

"Thanks, but your moodswings are giving me a full on whiplash effect."

"I said I didn't think you should be friends with me, not that I didn't want to."

"Actually you did and what does that mean?"

"It means that if you were smart, you'd wait until we find Charlie and pretend like me and my family never existed."

"Well lets say for arguments sake that I am not smart, would I finally get the truth?"

"No. You probably never will."

"I have called it Magic or just Radioactive Spiders."

"Its not superhero stuff James. What if... I am not the hero, but the bad guy?"

"I don't think saving me 2 times and allowing me to be protected by your family counts as "being the bad guy" especially not in our situation."

"What situation?"

"Come on Edward. We are both not blind. Attraction is a two way street and I've seen you be nice to me before."

"Niceness doesn't mean attraction."