one

I soon finished and boy was I glad. I made my way to the elevator and noticed that Michael wasn't there. Must've gone home, I guess. I stepped in, the door started to close but a large hand stopped it and stepped in. Oh god, no.

"Madeline." Mr. Hemmings said, smirking.

"Uh, sir." I smiled as the elevator doors closed.

"When we are not working, call me Luke."

"Um, okay... Luke." He smirks, biting his lip as he stares at me.

I wanted to get out of this elevator so badly but we weren't even half way down when the elevator stopped and the lights went out.

"Dammit!" He groaned. "I swear I told them over fifty times to fix these bloody elevators.

I stayed silent, unsure of what to do.

He tried calling but no signal. Well isn't this great?

There was a voice-over and I nearly gasped as it frightened me.

"Sorry but the elevators have broken down... Again. We will try to get it working as soon as possible. You'll have to wait at least two hours, if not, three or four. Thank you."

WHAT. THE. HELL. Thank you?! TWO HOURS IN AN ELEVATOR WITH YOUR BOSS WHO'S HOT BUT SCARY.

How am I going to do this? Play it cool Maddie.

"It's hot." I said as Luke just smirked at me.

"It's the middle of summer in Sydney. Of course it's hot." He chuckled. "Or maybe it's just me."

"Well then." I said awkwardly, laughing dryly afterwards. "Let's just go with it being summer."

He nodded, taking his blazer and tie off, putting them in his suitcase. He unbuttoned a few buttons and ruffled his hair.

"If we are going to be stuck in here for at least two hours, might as well make yourself comfortable." He shrugged, sitting on the floor.

Although I stayed standing. I have no idea why but I didn't even want to be close to him.

I gave up, sitting down as I played a few games on my phone, sighing as I only had 45% left and you gotta save some. You never know when you're going to need it.

Luke was sitting with his legs out, his head rolled back as it leaned on the elevator wall. His sleeves were rolled up under his elbows. A bit of his chest was shown and I didn't want to admit it but yes he did look hot.
His eyes were closed and he opened them, smirking as he saw me staring at him.

"Like what you see now, Madeline?"

"What? No! I wasn't even looking at you- I don't know what you're talking about- ugh." I groaned as he smirked.

He moved to sit next to me and I froze. Why was I so scared? It's not like he's going to kill me. Anyway don't these elevators have security cameras?

"So why did you choose to work here?" He asked.

"Because it's better than a lot of companies actually-"

"No, the real reason."

"That is the real reason." I scoffed.

"Sure." He smirked.

How was I supposed to pass time?

An hour passed and these stupid elevators still didn't open.

Another hour passes, still nothing.

And another, STILL nothing.

Another five minutes passed and finally the door opened.

I sighed in relief, grabbing my bags. I rushed out the doors and got out of the building.

I couldn't wait to tell Harry.

***
Harry and I were having our normal movie night with our Chinese food.

I stuffed my mouth with noodles, "Sho we were shtuck in the elevator! It wash shcary, but oh my gosh he was so hot!"

I swallowed the food in the mouth and Harry shook his head while laughing.

"You're so weird, did he do anything?"

"No, he just sat there looking all hot and amazing while smirking at me! Who  does he think he is?!"

"Your really hot new boss but really isn't your boss but he doesn't have to know, but yeah your new hot boss!"

"Sometimes I wonder who's the actual girl in the friendship, Harold."

"Shut up, Madeline."

"Don't tell me what to do, Harold Edward Styles!"

"Don't call me a girl, Madeline Stevens!"

I groaned, "You're annoying."

"I could say the same to you." He chuckled.

The next morning, Ashton called me in to 'update' him on my first day.

I changed into some skinny jeans, a top that I got from Top Shop and a black leather jacket.

I got a taxi to the building and paid the driver as I got out. Sighing as I got in, saying hello to my co-workers. I took the elevator to the first floor because no one's got time for walking up a hundred flights of stairs.

I got inside and Ashton was wearing his usual tux with his hair quiffed.

"So, Maddie. How was it?"

I sat down in front of his desk, "It was...cool."

"Yes! But the details?"

"Oh! Right! Right, well um, he's quite rude and stubborn, he's a jerk basically."

"Okay, how about the business?"

I explained the whole system of how they ship, sell and all. The companies they like to work with and the ones they don't (cough cough, us).

"Of course, he is quite stubborn isn't he?"

I nodded, "You know him?"

He cleared his throat, "That is all for today, leave."

"But-"

"Leave. I'm not going to say again."

"Yes sir."

"I'll call you again soon."

I was confused as to why he was acting that way but whatever, his life.

***
I was a bit more early than Mr. Hemmings and I was walking around in his office, just waiting. He came in after a few minutes and slammed the door shut.

"Good morning, Mr. Hemmings." I said, smiling.

"Do not talk to me unless I say so." He snapped, well then. "But, good morning."

"I want every file that Steelie sends here analysed and arranged in the date they were made or sent. It must be neat. I want it on my desk by 4:30PM no longer, no earlier."

"Yes sir."
"Oh and the Irwins are catching up to us which shouldn't be happening, make a note for Jay who's in charge of the cars to make sure they sell 85,000 a day."

"85,000?!" I gasped.

"Well yes, we sell worldwide, you did know that right?"

"Yeah! Of course, hah, just you know... Kidding." I laughed nervously.

"Right...then." He raised an eyebrow at me.

The day finally ended and I sighed in relief. Thank god.

I really am not looking forward to the rest of this.

A/N: it's not Tuesday today but i really wanted to update but UPDATED ON TUESDAYS x
Thoughts on Lukey and Maddie?
Story line/plot for this has already been done so yeah I can't wait to write the rest :-)
Please do vote and comment because I really would like some feedback
And AshtonsxxForver uPDATE YOUR STORIES WOMAN
-ily all