thirteen

The next morning, I woke up and felt warm arms around me. My eyes widened as I realised that those arms belonged to Luke.

I turned to face him and "observed" him. His hair was slightly flat and I couldn't help but giggle at how cute it was. His mouth was parted slightly as small snores left them. I cupped his cheek and rubbed my thumb gently on it.

He was beautiful.

Wait, no.

He is beautiful. ((u creepy maddie srsly))

The snores stopped as he opened his eyes. He yawned and smiled when he saw me.

"Good morning." I whispered.

His eyes widened, "What am I doing here?!"

He sat up and ended up pushing me off the couch. "Ow, Luke!"

Luke buried his face in his hands as I sat next to him. He groaned, "I'm an idiot."

"It's okay." I took his hands away from his face but he refused to look at me. "Luke, look at me."

"No, Madeline I can't!"

I scoffed, here we go again. "Why the hell not?" ((bc u ugly jk jk gIRL))

"I - I just can't." He sighed.

"I'm so done with you." I stood up. "All I'm trying to do is be here for you! I'm always so nice and patient with you. Even when you're mad and go all bipolar on me! Who the hell takes care of you when you're drunk? Me-"

"Only twice-"

"Shut up Luke! What's your problem? One minute you're all sweet and you're actually yourself th-then you suddenly get mad at me for no reason! Then you kiss me - then you're kissing some random bimbo!"

He didn't say anything and I laughed dryly. "I'm so done with you Luke! I'm done trying to help you. I'm done trying to be nice and patient. I'm done- I'm done loving you."

His head shot up, "No. M-Maddie, please. No."

"Don't Maddie me- you know what get out!" I ran a hand through my hair angrily.

He stood up, grabbing my hand. "Please don't. Don't leave- I - I need you-"

"Sure you do." I scoffed.

He connected ((ooh look connect the dots with Luke)) our lips together, kissing me passionately ((back to 2012 writing yay)).

Luke cupped my cheeks as he pecked me ((bc he a chicken)), "Don't... Don't leave. Not you, please."

I nodded as we rested our foreheads together.
((IM SO BAD AT KISSING SCENES BUT THATS YOUR FAULT FOR READING SO DONT COMPLAIN LOVE YOU ALL))

"Thank you."

"Now that this little love fest is over, move your flat booties because Friends is nearly on." Harry came in.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled Luke into the kitchen. "Want anything to eat?"

"Let me take you out. Now."

I raised an eyebrow, "Uh, sure. I'll go get dress, yeah?"

He nodded, pulling me in for a kiss. "Sure princess."

Once again I rolled my eyes and pulled away. I walked into my room and ten million thoughts flew around in my head.

Did Luke actually mean it when he said he needed me?

I shook off these thoughts and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and my white turtle neck jumper since it was quite chilly today.

I threw my hair into a high ponytail and walked back to the lounge room where I found Harry telling Luke about Friends. (( Harry's so cute omg ))

"Harry stop - ugh, Luke come on."

Luke chuckled standing up to walk over to me, "Okay, um, bye Harold. I will 'hang' with you some other time." ((u dweeb))

"No problem, Lucas."

*

Luke and I walked to the nearest Starbucks and ordered two chocolate muffins and two cappuccinos.

We were both sat next to a window as we ate quietly. Once again, I 'observed' his facial features.

He blinked a lot. But then again intelligent people blink a lot. His eyes trailed outside the window, watching everyone walk by. Sometimes he'd smile when he saw a small child.

"Has anyone ever told you that it is rude to stare?" He smirked.

"Shut up - I was not staring, thank you very much. I was just, uh, observing. Yup, observing."

"Right, I don't breathe, I just make my chest rise and fall every now and again."

I was about to speak again but he beat me to it, "Madeline."

"Luke."

"About what I said back at yours."

He's taking it back, isn't he? Of course.

"I get it Luke-"

"I meant it."

"You always do this - wait what?"

"And I was wondering if uh, you would date me? Like - like, kissing, hugging, cuddling - whatever. Please?"

I nearly choked on my spit as my eyes widened, "What?!"

"Please be my girlfriend? I'll be nice, I swear." ((omg i can't even lUKE SRSLY))

"Yeah - of course, oh my gosh. I - yes, wow."

He leaned over the table and kissed the tip of my nose, "Well then, thank you."

For the next fifteen minutes, Luke and I chatted and he surprised me about the things he told me about when he was younger.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down to see a text from Ashton. I furrowed my eyebrows and my breath hitched.

"What is it?" I looked up and faked a smile.

"Nothing, it's nothing. But uh, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

He frowned, "Okay. Thanks Madeline."

*

"So tell me, Madeline." Ashton smirked, "What's it like working for him?"

I knew I couldn't say anything bad but I had to, so I made stuff up because I'm the best liar ever. Note the sarcasm.

"He's absolutely rude!" Most of the time but it's attractive.

"He fires people for no reason," He's fired fifty of them because they insulted me one time.

"He - He eats cheese with his feet! Yeah, disgusting I know." That one was just plain stupid.

"Right well," he grimaced at the last one, "You need to sabotage his company somehow."

"How do I do that?"

"I don't know, make him look bad! Mess up his paper works, get him to fire everyone - look Madeline, I do not care. Just do your job."

My job.

My job was to sabotage Luke's company. I didn't love him. Maybe it was a small crush but I don't love him.

I didn't care.

I don't love him.

Keep telling yourself that.

I don't. I don't. I don't.

Screw this, I love Luke.

[a/n]: when you finally think "wOW THIS AUTHOR ACTUALLY MADE A NONE DRAMATIC chAPTER" THEN BOOM ASHTON SRSLY

I'm so sorry oh my gosh but this book is filled with drama so fight me k ILYSM I'm sorry

I kinda noticed that the votes are dropping and I'm not being ungrateful but could y'all's please vote? This is probably pointless bc no one reads author notes buT PLEASE VOTE BC I LOVE YOU AND IT MAKES ME ALL SKNWKJDW HAPPY BC SOMEONE LIKES MY STORY BUT YEAH I GET IT ANYWAY

THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SO CLOSE 30K LIKE WHAT EVEN IS THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH

I LOVE YOU ALL x