sixteen

Note: decided to update early because we're on 50K reads thank you so so much

p.s please answer the question in the a/n

"...Several meetings have been assigned with..." Luke spoke but I found it hard to focus.

All I kept thinking about was how guilty I felt. He'd notice my sudden frowns and he'd ask about it although I'd reply with an 'I'm fine'.

"Madeline - write this down." I snapped my gaze towards him.

I nodded frantically, grabbing my notebook and wrote down everything Luke said.

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked with worried eyes.

"I'm fine, Luke. Don't worry."

He kneeled down next to me, holding my hand tightly.

"I love you." He kissed me sweetly.

"Mm, love you too." I said in between kisses.

"Are you sure you're fine? You seem out of it lately... I am very worried. Maddie - "

"Lukey, I'm fine. Besides, worry about the company. It's more important right now."

He stood up, shaking his head. "You'll never be less important than the company, princess."

***

"Harry what am I supposed to do?" I said, stuffing my mouth with Chinese food.

"Seriously Maddie, shut the hell up! Luke will bloody understand, don't worry, anyw - whoa, okay, mother of jelly beans!" Harry gasped clutching his phone to his chest as he stood up.

"Harry, what the hell?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, babe you're not gonna want to know..."

I stood up trying to snatch the phone away from him but he held it above his head.

"No fair, you're like 6 foot 4! Give it!"

"No, nein, um I don't know how to say no in any other languages but no!"

"Please? Harry, come on. What's it about anyway?"

"Your baby boo, sweetie pie, honey cakes - Luke basically." He laughed at his pet names but soon saw my frown and stopped.

"Is he dead? Oh my gosh, I told him not to eat too many burgers, bloody hell - is he okay? Harry - "

"No! He's not dead."

"Oh thank you, okay. Just give it here!"

He sighed but nodded and gave me the phone.

"Teen millionaire Luke Hemmings was last seen locking lips with twenty-one year old Lydia Cher. What happened to Madeline Stevens?"

Under those lines were a picture of Luke's tall frame close to Lydia's and they were close. Very close.

Tears spilled my eyes but I wiped them off quickly and stormed off to the front door.

"Maddie where are you going?" Harry asked.

"I'll be back later, Harry." I grumbled.

I ran outside as I put my coat on and jumped into my car. I drived quickly to the building.

Storming inside of the building got me strange looks as I got into the elevator.

"Maddie, have you heard - "

"Shut up Michael and get to Luke's office. Now." I screamed.

Now it may seem like I'm overreacting but I wasn't thinking.