Chapter One - The New Girl

The alarm blared loudly, rattling on the bedside tabletop. I rolled over, in all attempts to ignore it. I failed miserably. I sat up, throwing the covers off of my warm body, slamming my hand on the top of the clock. Silence. My mum barged in, letting the door fly open and hit the wall with a thump.

"Breakfast, come eat now or go hungry." She told me, leaving the door wide open. Well sorry Mrs. Happy!

I swung my feet off the bed and shivered at the temperature drop the floor gave my skin. Goosebumps rose over my body as I wandered down the stairs and sat at the kitchen table.

Zac placed a plateful of bacon and eggs on the table in front of me, the heat and scent of heaven floating into my nose. I picked up both the knife and fork, whilst earning a slap on the back or the head.

"Wait for your siblings, you ungrateful shit!" Mum bellowed.

I dropped my cutlery onto the table, not bothering to argue. I say there as I watched my food go cold.

Finally Georgia sat at the table and we could all eat. I dug in, shoving piece of bacon after egg in my mouth.

"Geez, why are you in such a rush?" Zac asked me.

I just looked at him, mouth still full of food.

I chewed quickly and swallowed hard.

"It's Monday." I told him, and pointed to the clock.

8:30 am. School starts in half an hour! I shoved the last piece of bacon into my mouth as I placed my greasy plate into the sink, bolting upstairs.

After I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair, I slid my bag onto my shoulders.

"Mum I can't be late again. Can you take the others? I have a test first thing." I begged her, standing at the door, putting on my shoes.

"For christ's sake, hold your horses!" She yelled at me.

"Georgia, get your ass down here this second!" Mum hollered up the stairway.

Georgia's tiny frame was covered by a cute little white dress. And for a six year old, she looked cute as!

We all hopped into the car and mum began to drive us all to school, demanding kisses on our depart.

Which made me late...AGAIN!

"Hannah, tardy again I see." Miss Flint said, not straying her eyes from her laptop screen.

I sat down quickly and pulled out my textbook. Wait...this is a year 7 text book....Zac has my stuff. UGH!

"Hannah, I see once again you don't have the correct stationary for this class." She scolded me, as I slid a little further into my seat.

She began scribbling on a small piece of pink paper.

Not a pink slip.

They mean business.

"After school detention. Tonight. No excuses." The elderly woman informed me as she handed me the pink slip of paper.

The class went quickly, and I couldn't wait to meet up with my friends.

I walked outside and began to make my way towards the area where we usually hang out.

"Hannah! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice shout out to me. I turned around and saw my friends; Teaghan, Prissy, Julia, Riley, Samuel, Axel and Devon.

The couples of the group were pretty obvious, they all cling to each other.

Prissy was with Devon.

Julia and Samuel.

And Riley and Teaghan.

Axel was gay and had a giant crush on Devon, but I'm the only one who knew.

"Hey Hannah!" Axel shouted, pulling me into a tight hug. I gasped for air as he let go, being dramatic as to show how tight his grip was.

He laughed, nudging me slightly.

"Hannah, you drama queen!" Axel said between laughs.

"What you talkin' bout Willis?" I asked him, teasingly.

"Oh you know!" He bellowed.

We mucked around for a while until the bell rang for the next class.

"Well, I'll see ya'll at lunch!" I shouted over all the talking going on around us.

I closed my locker door, to find someone next to me, kind of staring.

"You...okay?" I asked her.

She had brown hair with blue streaks through it. Deep brown eyes complimented her dark hair. She smiled at me.

"Yeah...I'm just....lost...I'm new." She tried to explain.

I laughed playfully.

"Okay, what room and subject?" I asked her, merely glancing at her timetable.

"Uh....Math...C....6..." She trailed off.

"Well you're in luck. That's my class." I beamed.

She beamed back, but something inside me clicked.

I don't know what happened but I kind of felt a rush...of...anxiety...or was it happiness...or maybe it was love...I don't know anymore. But I felt and felt whatever it was hard.

"So you ready?" I finally spoke, shifting from one foot to the other.

She nodded in reply and walked into the classroom. There was only one desk left and it had two seats.

Looks like I'm stuck with the newbie...not that I mind.

This newbie is attractive.

As the roll was being marked, I found out the new girl's name; Ripley Marlin.

What a cute name!

Wait...she's probably straight.

I'm straight!

I think.

By the end of the day I was so confused. Lunch was a blur because I was staring at Ripley practically the entire time.

But on the plus side, she gave me her Skype details so I could talk to her later.

Mum's car came rolling into view about 10 minutes after the bell had rang.

"Get in." She instructed.

We all did as we were told, but Georgia wasn't as happy as she was this morning.

Nor was she in the pretty little dress.

"Georgia, you okay?" I whispered to her.

She turned to face me, and I couldn't help but gasp.

She had a split lip and a black eye.

I grasped her hand and squeezed it tightly.

Her bottom lip quivered as she quickly turned and looked out the window.

I breathed heavily.

Someone is hurting Georgia, but she barely speaks. Freaking knob faces!

I opened my laptop and logged into Skype.

1 New Message from Ripley.Marlin.smile !

I opened the message.

And instantly smiled at the screen.

This was going to be a long chat.