[21]

|Castiel 1st|

Everything was dark.

I couldn't see and I could only slightly hear.

There were some muffled voices and I heard what sounded like a crying baby.

I tried, I tried so hard, to open my eyes. But I couldn't do it.

Through the muffled sounds and voices, I heard a small voice and could slightly make out what it was saying.

"Cassy. Bubby! Cas, wake up!"

Anna.

I tried desperately to move, and I felt my finger lift the slightest bit.

"His hand moved! Dad, he moved!" That sounded like Gabriel.

"Cas? Cas, can you open your eyes?"

I strained to open them, but then opted for moving my hand again. I got enough feeling back in it to blindly grab at the sheets on my hospital bed.

I could feel the IV in my arm, the slight stinging shooting through every time I moved and it wiggled a bit.

I soon realized I could feel my face again and I attempted once more at opening my eyes.

My left opened slightly and I saw my dad and Lucifer standing at my side along with some dark haired kid I didn't know.

"Cas!" Lucifer said, but then he winced when the baby in his arms started getting fussy.

My other eye opened and my whole family cheered, along with the guy I didn't know.

I tried to say something but my voice seemed to not want to come out.

"Water," I attempted to say, but it was more of a croak and sound like I said "butter," but Lucifer seemed to get the point.

The unknown kid took Jack from Luci and my brother left the room, coming back a minute later with a cup of water and a doctor.

"Hello, Castiel," he said, smiling at me. "How are you feeling?"

I drank a bit of the water and my voice came out a bit clearer than before.

"Numb," I started plainly, not knowing why I couldn't feel anything. It couldn't have been a medicine because my heart hurt profusely. It was just a numb feeling where I felt like something important was missing.

I didn't like this feeling at all.

"Any pain?"

I shook my head to say no but then the pain in my chest grew larger.

"Heart."

And then the monitors began to beep.

~~~

|Dean 1st|

"We're losing him!" I heard a voice yell, the beeping of the monitor next to me getting louder and more spaced out.

"One!" I felt a compression on my chest.

Is this what death feels like?

"Two!" More pressure.

I felt myself slipping away but my thought drifted to Cas. I can't die. I haven't had enough time with Cas. I haven't had enough time with Sam.

"His heart rate is rising! He's coming back."

I pushed through and pulled myself up, feeling a smile spread across my face and my eyes open.

My raspy voice said one thing:

"Cas."

~~~

GUYS THIS IS INSANE

LITERALLY SIX DAYS AGO I WAS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I HAD 1.5k AND NOW I HAVE 1.73 WHAT

THATS CRAZY

THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL.