"Ello' Mr Clockwork"

'DING DONG'

Big Bens magnificent bell rang through out London, signaling ten pm.

Some where, far from Her Magesties brilliant palace, the brilliant inventor Collin Bracewell worked. He was threading a leather like material through tiny rings on the wing span of his artificial wings. He had been working for months in this project. He had had a few tests with exceptional progress, but not good enough for him.

'Tick tock tick tock DING DONG'

An antique grandfather clock rang through out the large manor.

The loud noise and break of silence made Collin jump as he though his wrench in the air. He ended up falling back and landing in an awkward position on the floor/workbench. His arms and most of his torso were on the bench but his long legs sprawled on the floor. The wrench came down and hit his head.

"Oi!....ugh." He straitened up. He brushed him self of.

"Why the hell do I keep that broken chunk of wood in my house?" he face palmed. After realizing his gloves where covered in oil and other greases he quickly removed them. He took of his gloves then went back to rubbing his forehead. He looked at the time.

"Ten already? Gosh I started at four......."

He bit his lip. He he got up and walked to the hidden spiral stair case. He went up the stairs and down the long hall. He walked past the portraits of himself, his parents, and his brother Benjamin or Benny as he calls him, and went to his room. He changed into his brown pants, black knee boots, white button up shirt with loose long sleeves, and his brown vest. He washed of his face and hands and went back down.

A woman was sitting on his red velvet and gold lounge couch. She wore a velvet dress with long black leather gloves. Her hair was long and brown, she had grey eyes and a smile that would lighten even the darkest of moods. She looked at him and smiled.

"Ello' Mr. Clockwork."

Collin smiled.

"Why do you keep calling me that? Just because I work with dusty old clocks and other odd items and devices doesn't mean I'm that into what you call 'Clockwork' " he said back. He went and sat on the couch. The woman lifted her head up so he could sit. She laid her head back down on his lap.

"Ello' Miss Cress. What have I done today to earn a place in your wonderful presence? "

"Oh nothing. And we are engaged so you can call me Scarlet." She pulled his head down and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed. He looked down at her and smiled.

"Still working on your wings?"

She asked, putting her still gloved hands on her chest.

"Yes. I hope to be done by next month. That is if this bloody snowstorm will pass." he glared out the window.

"Speaking of a snow storm, I'm

Cold." Scarlet laid her hands on his lap and laid her head on her hands. Collins grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her. She fell asleep.

He picked her up and took her upstairs and laid her in the large bed. He smiled at her. He laid down next to her and fell asleep.