"Any guesses on what famous monster from filmland we get to slay today?" Dorian asked the group curiously.

Alaric scoffed loudly, "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu," He remarked, causing Ophelia to smile and shake her head.

"Ooh," Valerie spoke up in a sarcastic tone, "Maybe a mummy."

Just then, the group of five stopped when they saw that it was just a horse that had sounded the alarm, "False alarm," Dorian informed the group, a smile on his face as he began to walk closer, "It's just a horse."

Alaric and Ophelia shared a wide eyed glance before walking closer, "Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell."

The group stopped in front of where the barrier spell began. Valerie frowned, squinting her eyes to see that the horse was white, "Um, but the horse is white." She pointed out, causing Ophelia to turn and give her a puzzled look.

"What does that have to do with anything?" She asked her daughter confused.

"We don't have a white horse," She informed her mother with a sigh.

Just then, the horse turned its head, only to reveal a horn coming out of its head, meaning it was actually a unison, "Holy hell," Valerie muttered under her breath, her eyes wide.

The unicorn started to approach them and both Alaric and Dorian readied their weapon while Ophelia just stood there, not believing they would actually have the guts to kill a unicorn, of all things.

Both Hope and Valerie quickly stepped in front of the two men at the same time, blocking them from shooting the unicorn, "Hey, wait, wait," Hope spoke up, holding the palms of her hands out to tell them to stop, "Hold your fire."

"It's a monster, Hope," Dorian reminded the girl, "It's here to take the artifact."

"You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn, Dorian?" Valerie exclaimed loudly, "It's a unicorn for God's sake."

"I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute," Dorian retorted.

Valerie sighed, sharing a glance with Hope, "Can't we just leave it alone?" She suggested and Hope nodded her head in agreement.

"Val's got a point," Hope spoke up, "It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless."

Dorian, Ophelia, and Alaric turned to each other, sharing a glance with one another. While they were all distracted, the group didn't notice the small two parasites fall from the unicorn's ear and onto the group.

"Hope and Valerie are right," Alaric pointed out, "As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be."

With her hybrid hearing, Ophelia turned her head when she heard what sounded like a squeal, "What the hell?" She mumbled, causing Alaric to turn to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know," Ophelia admitted quietly, "I thought I heard something. Nevermind, I'm just going to...." She trailed off, "Go back to bed."

As Ophelia and Dorian walked off, Hope, Alaric, and Valerie shared a glance with each other before following close behind.

_______

In their room, Hope and Valerie were fast asleep in their beds, not even noticing the two slugs slithering up their face. While Hope's went up her nose, Valerie's went through her ear.

Valerie groaned, her eyes shooting open at the same time as Hope's. Hope sat up from laying down, a large, happy smile on her face.

Valerie, on the other hand, sat up, looking anything but that.