Stroll

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Water tickled toes, and soft sand brushed against skin. Pieces of seaweed and seashells washed up on the shore, and the background noise of others was drowned out over time.

Arms leaned on the wrought iron railing, and a gentle ocean breeze blew by. Both strands of her (h/c) hair and her chiffon skirt swayed back and forth before they rested again against her. The sun was setting over the water, which made the waves sparkle in the red, orange and yellow light. A few people below walked upon the sand, enjoying the quiet and peaceful air of the place.

Off to her right, there was a restaurant with seating near the pale sands. Sounds of conversations and music traveled up to the balcony, though; she couldn't pick apart the words of the people, but she didn't mind. They were none of her business. Besides, she'd rather enjoy the last rays of the sun than focus on their words. Edmund was missing out, and she wondered how long it took to get towels for the bathroom since the hotel staff had forgotten to put new towels in.

When the last rays faded past the horizon, she smiled some. That had been relaxing, and the soothing breeze still continued. Her limbs felt light, and her mind cleared. Honestly, the trip had been an excellent idea minus the incident from earlier. (F/n) pushed back some strands of hair behind her left ear and faced the room.

A few Dillard's shopping bags were on the white desk chair in the room. New nightgowns and a pair of blue heels were in them. He had kept his promise and hadn't looked at which nightgowns she had picked out, and he had been kind enough to scout out the whole shoe department, making sure that the nurse hadn't been anywhere in the vicinity. Another encounter with that woman would be a nightmare. Almost, she had lost her trust in Edmund again.

Entering the room more, she seated herself upon the plush bed and kicked off her black fuzzy slippers. She kicked her legs back and forth lightly as she leaned back on her hands. A soft sigh parted from her lips. What had happened back in the mall played again in her head, and her fingers curled around the turquoise comforter.

Tonight, she knew what was going to happen, and her heart beat fast at the prospect of it. It almost erased her memory of what else had been exchanged in that conversation at the mall. For longer than she had expected, he had loved her. It still tugged at her stomach a little in a negative manner as she thought over his words more, but, at the same time, she trusted him. Perhaps, that was foolish, but she had seen only truth in his eyes when he had stated that promise to her and that she could trust him. She had to believe him. Her heart didn't want to accept an alternative.

The click of a door caught her attention. She peered over her right shoulder. Edmund closed the door with his foot and set a stack of towels on the bathroom sink. He exited the bathroom soon after, and she faced him fully on the bed. (F/n) smiled to him, and he smiled back; she just had to trust him. "What had taken so long with the bath linens?"

"A shortage. This is a popular hotel, and some guests have been requesting more than the usual amount." He stood near her. "Probably, they'll order more in." His eyes shifted to the balcony. "Should I order dinner in before we head out, or would you like to stop by that restaurant one building over?"