Discover

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

A folded piece of paper seated itself upon wood while rays of sun peeked under the door and through the window. Lavender roses bloomed brightly like always even though someone was missing.

Reaching out, her left hand subconsciously grabbed at the space next to her. Her fingers curled into the sheets, and she rolled onto her stomach some. No warmth was felt next to her, and her brows furrowed in confusion. Warmth had been there before. Gradually, her eyes blinked open. She closed them again when morning light broke into the room. Both of her eyes squinted open towards her alarm clock. 9:00 am. (F/n) didn't pay attention to the alarm for very long, however. Rather, her eyes shifted to the empty space beside her. A slight frown covered her lips, but she supposed that his absence saved her the embarrassment of waking up next to him ... or on him for that matter.

She rested her head back on her pillow, which originally had been on ... Edmund's chest. Her cheeks heated a bit, and she reminded herself that she had allowed him her pillow since she only had one. (F/n) pressed her face into the pillow more, but that didn't remove the memories at all. If anything, it caused them to become stronger. A faint scent of him was there, and her lips twitched up into a tiny smile.

Last night, she had discovered something for him to wear: her black bathrobe. It had been a little short on him, but it had covered him more than just his boxers would. Yesterday night, however, had made her regret a little not purchasing any nightclothes but nightgowns. She had decided to wear her thulian pink cotton one since the cotton had seemed more casual than satin or the chiffon-like fabric of her olive green one.

Biting her lower lip, she recalled the goodnight kiss they had shared, well more like several, and her cheeks grew all the hotter. A quiet little squeak parted from her lips. Her fingers gripped her pillow, and she shoved her face into the pillow roughly. Even the memory of his kisses sparked roaring, soothing flames within her.

Despite her mind being relieved that she wouldn't have to handle embarrassment so early in the morning, her lips desperately wanted his back on them. A pout formed onto her lips while she mentally sighed in frustration. It was far too easy to imagine her hands accidentally running past the bathrobe and across his well-toned chest. Eventually, they would find their way to his perfectly sculpted face, and her lips would land upon his again. Roughly, she switched to lay on her right side. She frowned heavily while her cheeks burned. It was even possible that he had woken up with the bathrobe in complete disarray. That would've been quite the site to wake up to.

Blowing a couple of strands out of her face, she finally noted something new on her nightstand. She scooted across her bed and pushed herself up onto her hands before she supported her weight on her right hand. Her left hand retrieved the folded piece of paper before she sat up, leaned against the headboard and unfolded the paper.

I was called in to a shipment gone wrong at one of my stores. Apparently, the glass in several boxes of picture frames arrived completely shattered. I'll call you later in the day or evening depending on how long it takes to sort out this mess. I didn't want to wake you; you're far too adorable for that. She paused in reading and permitted a smile to creep upon her lips while a light bit of heat tickled her cheeks. (F/n) turned back to reading. There's breakfast for you in the fridge. Enjoy.