Complete

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

Four sides were smoothed and spread out while bowls with food inside were on top. The single lamp in the room illuminated the dining space and allowed the two to see the other.

The bedroom was finished, and the bathroom was near to being done; however, (f/n) was no longer painting. Edmund had insisted upon completing the space by himself since there only had been a little bit left. She had argued that it would be quicker if she helped, but he had shooed her away. (F/n) had figured that if he was that desperate to clean her bathroom, so be it.

In thanks, though, she was making dinner for both of them. It was nine at night, and she only had ice water since that sandwich earlier. Needless to say, she was hungry, and her stomach constantly reminded her of that while she cooked. Thankfully, Edmund was in the other room.

She stirred the soup a bit more before she carefully tasted the concoction. To her delight, she had seasoned the soup perfectly. It wasn't anything extravagant; it was chicken noodle soup with rice instead of noodles. Still, the food was warm and comforting, which her muscles needed after all of the painting.

When it was finished, she switched off the stove and moved the pot to another burner before she retrieved bowls, plates, spoons and napkins. She set all of the kitchenware on the counter before a further idea popped into her head. (F/n) quietly stepped into her room and sneaked into her closet.

Removing one of her older blankets from it, which her ex never had used, she crept back into her room and smoothed it out on the floor. A light breeze came in through her window, which they had opened earlier to vent out the paint smell, but it wasn't strong, so she didn't have to hold down the blanket with anything. Satisfied with her work, she reentered her kitchen and prepared everything.

Once everything was ready, she set it all onto a food tray, though; she noted that she forgot drinks. Based off of their first date, she supposed that Edmund appreciated wine, and he did seem to enjoy that brand that they had shared. She had nothing like that, though, in her apartment, but she might have some alcohol.

There was a cabinet designated for liquor, but she didn't restock it often. Usually, there would only be three to five bottles in there anyway. Reaching up, she opened the small wooden door and peered inside. To her surprise, there were no bottles in it. She furrowed her brows before she recalled why. All of the remaining bottles had been drinks that her ex and she had shared. They had been added to the boxes of things given to that nurse.

Closing the cabinet, she checked the fridge. There was blackberry iced tea, grape juice, almond milk and regular milk. She supposed that the tea would work. After she poured the two of them each a glass, she put it back and added the two glasses to the tray.

Lifting it up, she noted that it was somewhat heavy and could easily tip over if she wasn't careful. She had balanced both sides out, but that didn't stop the dishes from wanting to slide across the tray every now and then. When she reached her room and placed it down, her shoulders immediately relaxed.

A soft sigh escaped her, and she arranged everything onto the blanket before she stood back up and took the tray back to the kitchen. Edmund, however, heard movement of various things in the bedroom. They had finished painting the space, and the furniture wouldn't be moved back until it was dry. Curious, he finished the last section of the walls swiftly and in a quality manner before he placed the roller onto the tray.