Chapter 19

Luke's P.O.V

I was still in the middle of the woods holding Clem. Crying softly. I didn't want to draw too much attention. I put my head on Clementine's chest, searching once more for a heart beat. I heard a faint one. My head shot up. "Clementine?" I whispered.

She slowly opened her brown eyes.

"Hi, Luke." She faintly smiled. "Clem!!!"

I hugged her.

"I thought I lost you."

"I actually did go, for a few minutes. I saw Lee. My parents. Nick. Duck. Ben. Carley. Doug. Kenny. Omid. Christa. They were all waiting for me. He said it wasn't my time, and sent me back."

She quietly whispered in my ear. I still hadn't let her out of my embrace.

"I'm so glad you're here with me. Let's get back to the cabin."

Clem's P.O.V

He carried me the entire way there. When he walked inside, everyone was standing there. Carlos, Sarah, Rebecca, Alvin, and Pete. They looked very concerned.

"It's okay, you guys. She's fine." Luke said.

"Luke, honey, you look like you've been crying. Are you okay?" Rebecca asked. "Yeah, Bec, I'm okay. It's been a long day, that's all."

He set me down.

"Clem, go on to bed. I'll meet you there in a second."

Luke's P.O.V

After Clem walked out of the kitchen, I told them everything.

"We almost lost her, you guys." I said to them.

"I-I can't believe it. I feel so guilty. After everything I've ever said to her. I feel awful." Rebecca said.

Alvin hugged her.

"It's okay, Bec. She's fine now." He said.

I walked into Clem's room. I was tired. Running through the woods with a 60 pound girl in your arms is quite tiring. I took my weapons off of me, and crawled into Clem's bed, and fell asleep.

"Luke?" She said, so quietly I could barely hear her.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For everything."