TRAVELING

This chapter just shows what Nora used to do during her breaks and how she is beginning to change. 

/////////////////////

Nora drove to the Miller house and spent a week haunting it. It felt so great to just float around. There was nothing here and she searched every inch of the house. She was hoping to find something.

Nora had mapped out her vacation and drove to the next stop twelve hours from this one. She was well rested and drove straight through.

She thought about Soren and their last conversation. She was hoping it wasn't their last one. She missed him. "Where are you?" She said out loud. She felt alone without him.

Nora drove to the next house. She had never been to this house. It was huge. It was giant with pillars and large windows. It was a grand house in it's day. It was strange that Nora felt bad for this house.

One moment, it was grand and taken care of and loved and the next moment, it stood alone and feared. People avoided this house. She knew how it felt. She had tears as she walked into it. She cleared her throat and tried to pull herself together. She feared she would never see Soren again. Part of her was relieved and part of her was grieving.

Nora floated and realized she wasn't alone. There was a ghost here. This house was haunted. Sweet. "Hello? I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me. I don't run into ghosts very often. I spend a lot of time alone." She floated without a purpose.

"Are you going to hurt me?" The ghost asked from somewhere in a wall.

"No. I won't. I'm on vacation and I love these kinds of houses. I feel safe here." Nora clarified.

The ghost slowly slid out of the heavily wallpapered wall. "Hi." She said. She was shy.

"Hello, I'm Nora. What's your name?"

"Chelsea." Chelsea smiled. "I used to live here and I died."

"How? What happened?" Nora was curious.

"I'm not sure. I died in childbirth, I think. I remember holding my child and then nothing."

"I'm sorry, Chelsea. How long have you been here?" Nora couldn't help but ask.

Chelsea turned to a window. "I don't know for sure. I miss my family."

Nora chatted with Chelsea for a couple of days and promised to keep her a secret. She didn't want her boyfriend to kill Chelsea. There was nothing she could do to help but she was going to keep the brothers away from here.

Chelsea never left the house and stayed when Nora left. She invited Nora back anytime and she promised to come back and visit.

She like meeting ghosts. They weren't afraid of her and didn't judge her. Nora had worked her way through her map without another meeting. She was getting lonely, which sucked.

Before Soren, she was never lonely. She spent her days thinking about Soren. She wondered if he was still alive. She worried about it actually. She talked to Hyde every night so that he didn't worry.

Nora decided halfway through her trip to do more research at libraries. She began compiling information on different creatures. She was trying to keep her mind off her boyfriend. She kept worrying about him. She hadn't had anyone to worry about ever. This was new.

Thanks very much for reading and please don't forget to vote! ;)