Chapter 3

~Alyson's P.O.V.~

I was sitting outside, waiting for Elena, knowing she would show up even though she is supposed to be at home. I saw Elena pull Jeremy behind a bush and start talking to him. A couple minutes later, Jeremy, Bonnie, Elena, and I were all sitting at a picnic table, when Elena starts to scream in pain and blood seeps though her shirt. "What's happening?" I looked over to Jeremy and shrugged. Blood started to show up on her arm, "What's going on?!" I looked over to Jeremy, "Jeremy, it's Katherine. She's linked to Katherine. Get them to stop, now!" A cut formed one Elena's hand and Bonnie tried to take some of the pain away. Bonnie left to find the other witch and Jeremy tried to give Elena the Gilbert ring. Bonnie returned a couple minutes later and Elena was starting to heal, "Why is she healing, whats going on?" "The witch lifted the spell." Bonnie and Jeremy left, leaving Elena and I alone.

I woke up, on a couch next to Elena. I looked around and saw a dirty, old house. I heard people arguing and in the mix of it I heard a name. Someone said the name ' Elijah.' The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't match the name with a face from my memories. I tried to kill the girl, but she snapped my neck and everything went black. I woke up and heard the guy talking, "He's here. This was a mistake. " "No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." "No! He wants me dead, Rose!" "He wants her more." Rose said, pointing to Elena. "I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you, but I need to get out of here." "Hey, what are we?" " We're family. Forever" A tear fell down my face and I stopped listening to them. Rose left to get the door, leaving me and Elena with Trevor. "What's wrong little one?" "My sister, my only family, died a couple weeks ago." Rose walked back into the room, behind her was the man that I'm guessing is Elijah. He vamp sped over to Elena and I could hear her heartbeat quicken. "Human, It's impossible. Hello there." I looked at him, scared for Elena. I saw him look over to me, then back at Elena. In less than a second, he was in front of me. "And who is this one?" "I'm Alyson Branson," I said confidently. "Hmm, brave little thing." I smiled, ignoring how scared I was. He spoke to Elena and Trevor for a little while before taking Trevor's head clean off his body in a second.

There was sound of glass breaking and Elijah asked more questions, before taking Elena and I up stairs. I heard vampires speeding by. He let us go, pushing Elena into Rose, but being gentle with me. Elijah got shot in the hand with a stake, then Elena threw a vervain grenade at him. I wanted to help him for some reason, but Damon was keeping Rose and I under control. Stefan shot a few stakes at him, but he was fine. Damon stabbed him through the heart and into the door. A tear fell from my eyes as I watched him die. Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Rose left, but I stayed behind, hoping Elijah would wake up. Late that night, I was about to leave when I heard a noise. I turned around and saw Elijah pulling the stake out. "Elijah, how are you alive?" He smiled, "I'm an original." I smiled and sat down on the stairs. "So a normal stake won't kill you?" He shook his head. "Sunlight?" He showed his daylight ring, "No, but it hurts." I smiled at his comment. "I'm sorry they did that to you, I wanted to stop them but Rose wouldn't let me." He smiled,"It's fine. So do you have a ride?" I shook my head. "Would you like one?" I smiled, "I would love a ride." He smiled at me and held out hit arm. We linked arms and walked outside together.