Chapter 19

I woke up, the sun shining through the curtains in Rebekah's old room. I frowned, remembering last night's events. I got up and went to Elijah's room to get a change of clothes. Nobody was inside the room to I grabbed my clothes and went back to Rebekah's room. I heard a knock on the door, so I opened it. I instantly regretted it. Elijah was standing outside the door. I just closed the door and changed, ignoring the knocks on the door. All I could think about was the pained expression on his face. That was what confused me the most. I looked in the mirror, wincing at the pain that was still shooting through my back. Ever since Elijah threw me off of Hayley, I wasn't healing. Just curious, I grabbed a needle out of a sewing kit that I had found in Bekah's room and poked it into my finger. A small drop of blood formed before it healed. So I was healing, it was what Elijah did that wasn't healing. That confused me more than anything. I opened the door, shoving past Elijah, wincing in pain as I did so. I went to visit Cami while she was at work and ordered another bourbon. Cami smiled at shook her head at my choice. "Did you forget what I said yesterday about ice cream working better?" I just shook my head and let a tear fall from my eye. She gave me a concerned look, causing me to faintly smile. "I caught Elijah kissing her again and when I went to attack her, he threw me off of her. So, I gave him a choice. Me or her, he has until tonight to choose and if he picks her, I'm going back to Mystic Falls." She frowned, "Why don't you just stay with me?" I smiled again, "I would love to Cami, but I wouldn't be able to handle him choosing her. My twin is back in Mystic Falls and if he picks her, she will be the only one who would be able to save me from myself if anything goes wrong. I will need her if he chooses Hayley." She just nodded, giving me a sad smile. She refilled my empty glass, before walking away to take care of the other customers. I noticed someone sat next to me, so I looked up. It was Elijah. "Why are you following me?" He smiled sadly at me, "I would like to apologize for pushing you off of Hayley. It was wrong of me to hurt you like that. It was never my intent." I scoffed, "You and I have known each other since 1680 and you haven't hurt me a single time. But you spend time around Hayley and all of a sudden it's your first move. She changes you in ways that I don't like. She is taking you away from me. This was supposed to be our honeymoon and Hayley has ruined it! In 1680 you never would have hurt me, you would have rather be daggered than hurt me! When you hurt me, I don't heal!" The last sentence slipped out and his eyes widened in shock. "Why didn't you tell me that it wasn't healing? I could have helped." I scoffed and left the bar, annoyed by the conversation. One second he was tending to Hayley's every need and now he's trying to play the perfect husband. I walked out onto the street and noticed Marcel ordering around some vampires. I walked over to them and smirked at Marcel. "I can't believe they take orders from you. You are just a normal vampire just like them. I would understand them listening to you if you were turned the same year as me or before me, but you weren't. You are weak compared to me. Even if Klaus did teach you everything you know." He growled at me, "And here I thought you were nice. What do you want Alyson?" I smiled, letting out a laugh, "I needed something to get my mind off of a certain someone so I decided to bother you." He smirked evilly, "I could help you get your mind off things without you bothering me." He spoke with a suggestive smirk. I shook my head, "I will never fall down to the same level as him." I brought my knee up and he groaned in pain. I smirked and saw Elijah watching in the background. I glared at both of the boys before walking back to the compound. I went to Bekah's room and laid back down on the bed. Why did life have to be so hard. Before I knew it, I was drifting into sleep.

******

I awoke and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 p.m. and it was time to see who Elijah chose. I walked downstairs only to see Hayley, once again kissing him. He was doing nothing to stop it. I let a few tears fall, "Great to know your choice Elijah. I hope you are happy. Just don't expect me to come running back when she leaves." I cried before going upstairs and grabbing my things. I walked to the bar to say goodbye to Cami. Once I got there, Cami immediately noticed the suitcase and hugged me. "He made the wrong choice Aly. If you ever need someone to talk to, just call. I will be here if you need me." I smiled and nodded, giving her another hug, before leaving. I called a taxi and compelled him to take me back home.

******

The driver pulled up to the mansion and I grabbed my bag, going into the house. I sighed when I realized Klaus was home. He came over to me, confused. He was about to ask but I stopped him. "Hayley paid us a visit and he chose her over me." I walked away before he could say anything else. I couldn't bring myself to staying in Elijah's room, so I went to one of the guest rooms, locking the door behind me. I laid on the bed and cried until I fell asleep.

******

I woke and looked at my phone to see what time it is. I was instantly shocked, I had been asleep for two and a half days. I sat up and let the tears that had formed fall from my eyes. I heard a knock on my door. Instead of getting up and opening the door, I just unlocked it, before laying back down. Tears were still streaming down my face when Klaus walked in. "I got a call from Marcel, he told me everything that he knew, including some information he compelled out of a girl named Cami." My head snapped up, knowing that I left Cami unprotected and off vervain. "Did he hurt her?" I managed to get out. He shook his head, "No, but I know what happened with Elijah. And check your missed calls. I have been waking up to the incessant buzzing since you came back." I let out a cry, that was something Elijah has said to Elena once. 'Incessant buzzing' was his line. It made me miss the old him. I looked at my missed calls. There were 15 from Lexi, 20 from Cami, and what shocked me was that there was 200 missed calls from Elijah. He left a voicemail on 100 of them. I also had 50 texts all from Elijah. I cried again, knowing that he was trying. But I just couldn't, I couldn't risk getting hurt again. It killed me that Elijah chose her, It killed me even more that he had purposely hurt me. I shooed Klaus out of the room, listening to one of the voicemails. "Alyson, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to hurt her and risk hurting the baby. I know that Christy is Klaus' humanity, but I thought that it was a chance at bringing the entire family together again. It was the only hope. At first it was the wedding bringing everyone together, but the wedding is over. There is no guarantee that everyone will remain at peace with each other. I love you Alyson, please come back." I read one of the texts, contemplating if it was worth it. 'Please Alyson, answer my calls.' I shook my head before turning off my phone. And that was it before it became nothing to me. I felt nothing.