50| Between the sheets

Start from the beginning

Anson holds my hands tightly, positions himself, and pushes into me without any more warning. I cry out at first, shocked by the magnitude of things.

"Shhhh." He soothes me, cradling me as best he can. He strokes my face lovingly as he takes and gives himself to me.

After a moment, my pain fades, completely replaced by my love for him. We rock together in silence, before he changes positions and increases his pace.

I cling to his body, nails probably digging a little too far into his skin. He moves with intensity. I feel the inside of my abdomen catch and pull.

Oh my god! Is all I can think.

Anson's face scrunches in handsome pleasure, the most beautiful thing I've seen. Finally, he too collapses and rolls over beside of me. Sweaty and unkempt, we lay breathing deeply side-by-side.

*****

     When I open my eyes on Black Friday morning, the room is quite bright around me. I almost forget the night before, until I spot my lingerie in the floor and the used condom in his trashcan.

Oh my gosh... we actually had sex.

    Trying not to hyperventilate, I roll over in the sheets to look at Anson in disbelief as he sleeps. His face is peaceful. His bottom lip pokes out so that he almost looks as if he's teasing me. His sandy blond hair is wild on his head.

      My heart grows calm at the sight. I  feel more connected to him than ever before; I take one last look before I rise to freshen up. I quickly shower in his bathroom, put on my clothes from the night before- along with a clean change of underwear.

      Glad I packed those...

     I fix my hair in the reflection of the mirror before I finally join him in his room again. When I return, he is awake. He sits up in his bed, still naked, arms stretching while he yawns. The sheets tastefully cover his legs.

     He flashes a goofy smile at me.

"Ready for round 2?" He snickers, and I sit on the edge of the bed.

"Let's not push it." My eyes are bright.

He stretches his arms and reaches down to pick up his underwear. He slides them on beneath the sheets. I start talking.

"We should go shopping today." I decide. "It's Black Friday, remember?"

      I like shopping on Black Friday. It could be fun.

His brows knit together. "Know of any good sales?" His voice is deeper in the morning.

"No." I admit with a sigh. "It would be fun though."

Anson stands up slowly, adjusting his pillows on the bed. "How about we just go out for breakfast?"

"Ooh." I say excitedly, "we should go to Starbucks and get the holiday drinks."

Anson snickers. "Seriously? That's where you want to go?"

Excuse me for having good taste.

"Peppermint is always a yes." My voice is matter-of-fact.

He shrugs and scuffs over to his closet. He grabs a shirt and sweatpants; he's dressed quickly.

"Let's go." His keys sit on the top of his dresser. On our way out, Anson snatches them up and follows me.

Little explosions of happiness burst in my chest when I see my new car parked in the driveway. I'm still getting used to the idea of having such an amazing vehicle. Anson laughs when he notices me looking at it.