III

Ɩ found you. You're my mate

Those words were scarily familiar. Zoe had mentioned that word earlier but quickly tried to cover it up. Mate. Even if I didn't know what it meant, it still spooked me to the point where it left me breathless. With so many thought swirling in my head, urging to be answered, I just sat there in ultimate shock, staring into nothingness. I was beyond shocked actually, all caused by many unexplainable reasons.

The first being how everyone but me seems to understand what was happening between the two. Heck, even the bouncers had small smirks on their faces as they witness the whole escapade.

Two, I can't wrap my head around the fact that Zoe actually ran towards... whatever he is. At this point, she also had me questioning if she was even human at this point.

Three, Despite my confused state, I felt this foreign feeling inside of my chest at the sight of my best friend in David's arm.

I believe that is what confused me most. The two finally pulls away as David gently placed her back on her own feet but not before pulling her into a kiss that even had me blushing.

Abruptly Zoe pulls away from David, her eyes slowly turning towards me as a look of horror swept past her features. Mumbling something under her breath, she turned towards David, whispering something into his ear before hastily grabbing me and sprinted away from the club without a single word.

Quickly pushing me into her small Lexus she jumped into the driver seat and pull out of the space we had parked. With everything happening so fast, I struggled to keep up with my surroundings.

Much faster than I'd like, she speeds through the streets. I didn't say anything though, it's not like I could if I wanted because I was too much in shock to actually form a coherent sentence. I felt numb. I realize we were heading back to her house when I caught sight of a familiar street before it blurred by.

No more than five minutes later we pull in front of her house. Zoe practically drags me inside of her house, locking the door and immediately called for her mom. "Mom!"

I half-mindedly watched as she nervously paced back and forth against her carpeted floor. She ran a hand through her hair just as a loud flirty giggle echoed off the walls, followed by a more manlier laugh.

Zoe groans impatiently as her parents failed to make an appearance.

"Seriously," Zoe mutters. She glanced nervously at me before quickly looking away. She turns her back to me as if to hide something. Being the defiant person I am, walks around until I stood in front of her.

Seemingly not noticing my presence in front of her, I noticed that her eyes were slightly , almost unnoticeably, glazed over as if she was having an internal conversation. Her expression looked distant like she was not even here with me.

She blinked and jumps back in surprise, I was standing directly in front of her. She threw me an apologetic look, taking a few steps away from me just as a rampage of footsteps sounded from the stairway.

A frantic Mr. and Mrs. Venera came stumbling down the stairs glowering at Zoe before giving me an contemplated look.

"What's going on?" I questioned specifically to no one. I wanted to know what happened at the club, how we'd manage to get here so fast without being pulled over, how I have been able to hear things I shouldn't have heard, why Zoe eyes were glazed over, and the list could go on.

"Yes, Zoe what is going on?" Mr. Venera asked disappointment laced in tone as he looks expectantly at Zoe.

Meanwhile, Zoe's mom is feeling my forehead and asking if I feel weird, and all other kinds of nonsense that I couldn't focus enough to answer. However, my attention hones in on Zoe as she finally responds to her father.