CHAPTER TWELVE

Anne carried her dessert plate into the kitchen and gazed out the window above the sink. The faded red  barn had character, the lush pasture and the valley leading up the mountain in the distance a beauty unmatched. Something here untied the knot in her stomach and allowed her to relax in a way she hadn't been able to in ages. Better than a beach or a spa ever could.

So was something nature, or Logan?

"Hello! You still there? Anne? Did you hang up?"

Shella's voice pulled Anne to the present. "No, I'm here. Sorry, I was daydreaming."

"About your cowboy?"

She glanced back into the barn and saw Logan was so engsossed in taking the hay inside the barn. "Yes, I mean no."

Shella chuckled. "What do you mean by yes, and no, afterward? So there is something you need to discuss? Spill."

She took a deep breath before she opened her mouth, maybe talking to her friend would lessen the heaviness she felt inside her heart.

"Shella, something came, and this is not just simple a thing."

"How serious is this thing?" she heard Shella's worried voice.

She inhaled more longer. "My parents wants me and Hunter to be wed the soonest."

Shella surprise reaction rang through her ears.

"What! Can you repeat what you just said?" her friend almost shouted at the other side of the line.

"Our parents made that deal for sake of business merging. My father been sickly for a year now, thats why he needs a successor and he wants Hunter to put in that position."

"And Hunter agreed on that?" Shella's voice much more higher now.

"Of course not! Hunter oppose on it." she replied.

She heard Shella tapping something on her table, like a ballpen or something. "And how sure Hunter will change his parents decision?"

"I'm trusting on him that he can came up with a good idea."  she sighed.

"Now, for the big question---what are  you going to do if Hunter failed to convince his parents?" Shella said while continuesly tapping her table.

"Then, I need to think of a best solution, but as of now I don't know what I am going to do, but... to just seriously talk to my parents."

Shella suddenly stopped from tapping her table. "This so called marriage is for the sake of having a new leader of your family business, hmm what if you're the one who will lead the company instead of Hunter?"

She immediately shook her head.

"No, I don't like to run our family business. I want to build my own empire with my own hands."

Shella took a deep sighed. "Well, if that's your decision you need to face your father strong hand.

Anne slowly walked toward the coffee table and tiredy sat on there.

"I know Dad will push me to that marriage. And I'm scared to what he can do, just to make me agreed."

"Well, if that so... Logan needs to know about this matter." Shella voice out her concern.

Anne suddenly felt exhausted, she knows that she was really in the mess. And this might get lead into a big trouble if Logan would know about this matter.

"Logan has already so much in his hand and I don't want this matter will add to his concern."

She visualized her friend didn't agreed to hide this problem to Logan