"I thought the visit could help me regain some memories," I make up a lie. "As you said... I've probably been there before and visiting familiar places helps me. You have no idea how frustrating it is to forget. It's like you've been thrown into a completely new world."

"I believe you, it has to be quite harsh."

"Fortunately, there's one thing I remember well," I pull the best "Petra face" I'm capable of. "The Amiss should be eradicated no matter what. I think I could build on that."

"At least you're sure about the basic," Bureš gives me a sly smile that makes me sick. "Alright, Petra, I'll have to make some phone calls and then, I probably won't need you anymore. You can go home and take the rest of the day off. But first, give me some damn painkiller, please."

"Thank you," I reply.

It's here. Lenka is onto something.

She is allowed to communicate with us, but only under such circumstances and with maximum safety. She used a public computer to send us a short message, hoping Bureš won't track her every step. It's still kind of a gamble, but it's all we can do.

Y contaminating Augments. B&Z heading to factory. Sending GPS soon.

So she found out the same thing we did - the Yeomen are contaminating Augments with Flicker. Bureš and Zeman, the two main Yeomen leaders, are going to the manufacture where the Inception Augments are made. That's brilliant. If we manage to strike in the right time, we'll catch them with their pants down right at the crime scene. That would mean the end of them.

Lenka has been equipped with a handy gadget - a tiny GPS node hidden in her hairpin. If she turns it on, it will give us her exact location, in case she would need saving or some other kind of help. This is even better - it can reveal us the location of the factory.

Jaroslav already started gathering the remaining Wardens, explaining the situation to them and preparing them for a raid. It has to be quick - we need to capture at least one of the Yeomen leaders before they manage to escape again. I shiver out of excitement. This is going to be big.

"Zoya?" I hear a voice next to me.

Isaiah. I gesture him to sit on a couch in Jaroslav's living room next to me. His bear-like body collapses on the soft cushioning. He looks at me. His bionic eye starts to slip to the wrong side again; the man corrects it and blinks several times.

Even though I hate to admit it, I missed his beautifully ugly face looking at me like this since the day I unmasked the mysterious Maverick in the Neoclash arena. There's literally nothing attractive about him, but still, I'm staring at him. Maybe I'm searching for the person he used to be.

Is he back? Or am I trusting the wrong person?

"Did you want something from me?" I ask. Maybe he just wants my presence.