"...Good." Chen says eventually. "You know, I asked him the exact same thing, and he answered how you answered. I thought he might've been lying, which was why I tested you, so I'm guessing you're both telling the truth?" Chanyeol laughs. Strange, how even though they're separated and have no idea what each other's thoughts are, they can still make up the same story and answer the same way. It's so laughable.

"Yeah, of course." Chanyeol laughs again.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing." Chanyeol says softly. "Our minds are the same."

"Huh?"

"Our minds are the same." I just wish our hearts were the same.

This time, Chanyeol finds Baekhyun walking past their room.

With a speed he never knew he possessed, Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun by the wrist and pulls him in their room, then closes the door behind them.

"What the hell?!" Baekhyun sounds so annoyed, and Chanyeol tries not to let it get to him.

"Baek, we need to talk." He pleads, leaning against the door so Baekhyun can't get out. Realising that is the only way out, Baekhyun stands where he is, a frown on his lips. "I'll let you go after I'm done. I promise."

"Go." Baekhyun sounds like he doesn't want to see him, and Chanyeol's heart breaks again. The smaller isn't even looking him in the eye. Chanyeol laughs, trying to lighten things up.

"I ... I know ... I know you don't want to see me ..." He does everything in his power not to break down. "Because ... I ... Because I was always just a replacement for him ..." He stares at the ground and hides his hands behind his back – they're shaking. "But ... But don't feel guilty, Baek. Don't push me away because of what happened."

Baekhyun doesn't say anything.

"I ... It's understandable, wh-what you did ..." Chanyeol doesn't even know what he's saying anymore. "I don't blame you." He looks up a bit. Baekhyun is looking away, head turned to the side.

"W-We can pretend it never happened." He's sounding so stupid now, but he just wants Baekhyun to talk to him again. "We can pretend 'we' never happened." It hurts so much to say this, because 'we' meant everything to him, but right now, Baekhyun means more.

"What are you saying?" Baekhyun sounds angry. Chanyeol straightens his back and laughs again.

"I'm willing to forget everything that happened between us." Chanyeol whispers, stepping forward, reaching out to grab Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun moves away. "We can even be enemies again. Just ... don't avoid me. Don't ignore me."

"Chanyeol." Why does his heart still skip upon hearing Baekhyun call his name? He's fighting a war he's already lost. "Don't."

"Baekhyun, please –" Chanyeol reaches out to grab his ex again, but Baekhyun moves away swiftly. Chanyeol grabs thin air instead, clutching around nothing.

"Don't." Baekhyun's voice is stronger now. "Pretend I don't exist. Don't look for me again." Then as quick as lightning, Baekhyun is at the door.

"I know you don't love me, Baekhyun." Chanyeol's voice is loud now, blurted out like he has nothing else. Baekhyun stops. "I know you never loved me ... I thought you did, but you don't. And ... I'm okay with that." I'm not. "I just – I ... I ... I want you to be happy." Chanyeol had been so close to say 'I love you'. The words are on the tip of his tongue, ready to slip, but he catches them just in time, mostly because it's pathetic to say it. It's useless, because it makes it harder for Baekhyun. It makes it harder for both of them. Also because it's never worked before.