[Midoriya] Friends With Benefits Part Three

Start from the beginning

Confusion flooded her as she didn't see a soul in sight, but then she saw him.

Midoriya.

He looked equally lost and gulped nervously.

"H-hey, [Y/n]..." Midoriya mumbled.

Before [Y/n] could greet him and ask why he was being weird, they heard Mina yell.

"Sero, now!"

"What?!" [Y/n] and Midoriya exclaimed simultaneously, but it was too late. Sero appeared out of seemingly nowhere (he was behind the couch) and expertly taped their wrists together.

Mina and Sero came into view, both looking smug.

"Both of you have something bothering you and you're gonna stick together until it's figured out." Sero began, showing off a toothy, proud grin at the pun, then Mina continued.
"Once it is - and I'll know if it isn't - come see me and I'll melt the tape off! See ya then!" Mina explained and Sero gave a thumbs up and a wink before they both departed.

[Y/n] side-glanced at Midoriya and he seemed frozen.

Panic settled into the pit of his stomach. He couldn't possibly be this close to the girl he liked so much when she wants someone else. It already felt like torture.

Meanwhile [Y/n] was extremely annoyed. She didn't think Mina would literally bring them together like this, or even go this far! And she was so looking forward to an evening of self-pity alone. Instead she's chained up to the object of her sorrows.

"Well, fuck." She said simply and huffed.

Midoriya flinched at the curse word. Was it really that horrible being stuck with him?

"Um, where do you wanna go?" Midoriya asked lowly, shyly meeting her eyes.

[Y/n] threw her head back to look at the ceiling.

"I was gonna take a nap before Mina texted me and I still wanna rest. So my room?" She offered, bringing her head back forward and searching his face for an answer.

Midoriya nodded and let her lead the way.

"Ugh, this is so uncomfortable." [Y/n] hissed as the tape crinkled with their movement.

"Couldn't they have just asked Yaoyorozu for a ziptie or, I don't know, actual handcuffs?" Midoriya asked rhetorically and [Y/n] half-grinned. At least he could be funny at a time like this.

They laid on her bed so that he was right-side up and [Y/n] was upside down as they pondered the situation.

"How do we fix whatever problem Mina thinks we have?" Midoriya questioned innocently.

[Y/n] sighed and shut her eyes, knowing exactly what she had to do. But she couldn't! It's humiliating to express unrequited love.

Midoriya suspected the same, what with the bizarre confrontation from training, but he was also really hesitant. Not only did [Y/n] have eyes for someone else, or so he thought, but confessing could mean he'd lose her as a friend and that thought alone was unbearable.

Mina said she'd know when the problem was solved; did that mean her seeing Midoriya get rejected would solve this? Well... they couldn't stay like this forever.

He summoned all the courage he could muster and sat up, causing [Y/n] to sit up too, curiosity written across her features.

"[Y/n]... I've liked you, for a really long time. Even more after we, you know, became more than friends but not quite. And I get that you like someone else but-"

[Y/n] put her hand on his mouth and her eyes were wide.

"Shut up. Wait. You like me? Because- I like you too! And I don't like anyone else, what gave you that idea?"

Midoriya gently pulled her hand down.

"Well I heard you practicing what to say to ask someone out the other day when I surprised you in your room and I thought..." Midoriya trailed off, the realization dawning on him. His face went up in flames and he shakily pointed at her.

"You... were gonna... ask me out?"

[Y/n] nodded and blushed furiously, smiling softly.

Strained sounds escaped his mouth as his brain short-circuited and [Y/n] laughed and tackled him in a hug the way she did a few weeks ago.

"This isn't as romantic of a way of getting together but I'm glad it worked out!" She admitted by his ear and he shuddered, hugging her back tightly.

The newly-minted couple headed to Mina's room hand-in-hand (now Midoriya could say he's held hands with a girl!) and she squealed when she saw and hugged them both.

"Ahh I'm so happy you two bozos figured it out!"

[Y/n] and Midoriya were too overwhelmed from that whole fiasco that they didn't even bother taking offense and just chuckled.

Mina melted the tape off them and bid them goodnight with a wink that made both their cheeks tint pink.

The two returned to [Y/n]'s room, just so Midoriya could drop her off, but she caught him by the wrist before he could walk away.

"Hey, uh, you know the festival coming up?" [Y/n] asked, a faint glimmer in her eye that dazzled Midoriya and nearly made him forget what she'd just said.

"Oh, yeah! Sounds like a lot of fun." He admitted, obviously not seeing where she was going with this.

"Wanna go... together?" [Y/n] cocked a smile, trying to imply wanting to go as an item out in public.

Midoriya stiffened and his face contorted into what looked like... fear? He was just nervous about becoming so official, but of course he wanted nothing more, so he bounced back and said, "Ah, yes! I'd like that a lot!"

[Y/n] laughed at her antsy partner and released the wrist she held captive.

"Well... Goodnight... Izu." She tested the new nickname and pecked him on the cheek in one fluid motion then shut the door.

Midoriya felt all his neurons firing at full force and his heart beating way faster than it should've. That... was a lot to process.

"I have a girlfriend... And she just kissed me!" He mumbled to himself with a huge, triumphant smile (despite the fact she didn't actually kiss him).

[Idk if I wanna do the date part lololol I have writer's block 24/7 :''''') but this was rly cute to write ♡]