Chapter 34 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

 "Wait, why don't we just leave together from here? It'll help you from so much hassle." She greased a spoonful of Nutella on Lisa's wheat bread. 

"You said I'm not romantic, when I'm trying to be one you're not supportive." Lisa rolled her eyes. 

Jennie laughed. "What's so romantic about you picking me at my office?" 

"Isn't this what girls always want? For her significant other to show her off to friends and relatives?" 

"Oh? So you want to show me off to my colleagues?" Jennie increased her brow. 

Lisa shrugged. "If you prefer to go from here it's also okay with me."

"Now, now where's the for on that?" Jennie took out the cartoon milk and poured it into her glass.

"Why are you so bipolar today?" 

"Why are you so grumpy in early morning?" She pecked the top Lisa's head. "Last night should light you up for the rest of the day," she patted her cheeks. 

Lisa blushed, her cheeks warmed up by the memory of their activity hours ago. The lack of response made Jennie laughed. She knew Lisa was embarrassed. "Anyway, I need your credit card." 

"What for?" 

"It's due time payment." Jennie answered. "I'll do it, I don't have much schedule today." Lisa always forgot though Jennie had reminded her over. and over. 

"It's in my wallet," she chewed her food and let Jennie took the card by herself.

"I know it's in your wallet." Jennie mumbled. 

She sighed at the sight of messy money in it. She just quietly organized it, making a fuss about it would not make any different to Lisa. She put some extra money in it since the amount of money Lisa currently had was not going to be enough for her lunch.

Jennie took her phone and wrote the number in her note as she placed the card back in its place. "I can't believe you almost max out your credit card for this," Jennie mentioned the ring on her left ring finger. 

Lisa put her plate on the sink and washed her hands. "I will only be married to you. Once in my lifetime. What's my sin to make my fiancee happy?" Lisa shrugged. 

She walked towards Jennie and held her waist. "Don't you worry about money."

"I don't," Jennie kissed her lips. "Thank you." 

"Wait, if you pay my debt, that ring is not purely from me anymore." Lisa broke off the kiss. 

"It's not about who buy who. It's about your intention that matter to me."

Lisa smiled and kissed her again. "Now that I think about it, my job can support both of us actually."

"What are you saying, Lalisa?" Jennie lifted up her eyebrow. "Are you hinting something?"

Lisa flicked her tongue. "I don't do such thing," she shrugged. "Just thinking out loud." 

"If we get married later, will you ask me to quit my job?" 

"Do you want to quit your job?" 

Jennie didn't answer immediately. She was contemplating. Lisa's averse for her job had decreased overtime. Though it didn't mean that they didn't fight because of it. If her status changed from fiancee to a wife, it'd make everything so much complicated. She obviously didn't want to spend the rest of her life arguing the same thing repeatedly.