six

Nora was feeling pretty spiffy and satisfied with her current life after she went to bed on the first day of the holiday and realized that Teddy was now forced to be alone with her for an entire week

Then, she woke up in the morning and got dressed in her robes, but then she realized she didn't have to wear them. It was break, after all, so it meant that school wasn't in session.

She strolled down the hallways in normal attire, passing by Filch, who scowled at her while holding Mrs. Norris.

"Lousy student," he grumbled.

Nora simply smiled to herself and walked into the Great Hall to see Teddy waiting for her at the Slytherin table.

"Teddy, have you been waiting at the Slytherin table this whole time? You mustn't let anyone see you or you'll be bullied!"

He chuckled at her antics. "Already starting off the morning with your jokes, Nora?"

She walked over and sat next to him. "Of course. It wouldn't be a good morning without my jokes."

She eyed his attire. He was smart enough to also not wear his robes. She wondered if he accidentally put on his robes first, then changed his outfit.

"Hey, did you know that we didn't have to wear our robes?" Nora questioned.

He tilted his head. "Course I did."

"Oh."

Teddy grinned. "Don't tell me you didn't know."

"I may or may not have changed into my robes first this morning before realizing that I didn't need to," she answered.

He laughed. "And I thought you were the bright one."

"Salazar, no. You were always the smart one, Teddy."

"You're smart as well, Nora," he complimented. "Don't hold yourself down."

She laughed. "Words of encouragement from the Teddy Lupin."

He grinned. "It's not every day I give out words of encouragement. I suppose you're lucky."

"To be blessed with your presence? Of course. Who could not love your little cheeks?"

She reached forward and pinched one cheek and stretched it out. The roots of his hair turned a pale pink as he smacked her hand away.

"Stop babying me," he muttered.

She didn't respond. Instead, she took notice of how his hair had never turned a pale pink before.