Chapter Twelve

"Cass, you're grabbing my wrist too hard." Pierce grunted while struggling to keep up with Cascadia's quick pace.

She sighed and slowed down, releasing Pierce's wrist. He rubbed it, wincing.

"Sorry, I just really want to get out of here. No one's listening to me." Cascadia said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Alvin yelled from the hallway. Him and Emlyn caught up to the them.

"I don't want to talk about it." Cascadia turned to the door.

"Whoa, there." Alvin gently placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"We're just trying to help you." Emlyn reminded her.

"Well, it would be really helpful if you would actually listen to me. All of you." Several other Razes had since appeared behind Emlyn and Alvin.

"We're really sorry. We just want what's best for you." Mae reminded her.

"Sure doesn't sound like it." Cascadia grabbed her own arm looked at the ground.

"Honey," Emlyn approached Cascadia and reached out to touch her shoulder, but Cascadia stepped further back. "I promise if you give us one more chance, we'll listen to you."

"And you," Alvin said to Pierce. "What do you think about this situation?"

"I just want what's best for Cassie. If you guys are it, then I'm in." Pierce said stoutly.

"Come on," Ritza appeared out of the stairwell and motioned rather sharply towards the underground.

"Ritza," Emlyn glared at her.

Ritza spun around and headed back downstairs. "What do you say?" Emlyn asked. "Your friend here seems to agree with us."

Cascadia glanced at Pierce. He shrugged and mouthed, "up to you."

Cascadia bit her lip. "Fine. But you're not allowed to do anything without my permission."

"Deal." Alvin stuck out his hand for her to shake, but she just stood there staring at it.

"That's okay." Emlyn said softly, lowering Alvin's hand. She whispered something in his ear and he nodded.

"Alright," Alvin scratched his head. "Want to come back to the room, then?"

Cascadia bit the inside of her cheek and nodded slowly, glancing at Pierce who nodded and flashed a smile back at her. "You will stay, right?" She asked Pierce.

Pierce gave a strong nod. "I won't leave."

Cascadia felt better when Pierce was around.

Together with Emlyn and Alvin in tow, they made their way back to the room.

*-*-*-*

Since Space Shuttle Colombia first successfully launched into space in 1981, space shuttles frequently come and go from various launch pads around Earth's globe. Since Nyla Sanchez and Kobe Fischer founded the planet Haet, scientists have desired to return to the strange yellow planet.

"Never press this red button," Nyla patiently explained to her husband. Having recently passed NASA's astronaut physical examination, all he had left to do was receive three weeks of personal training from an experienced shuttle pilot and pass the advanced shuttle pilot test to be able to commandeer his own. "Unless, of course, you want to get ejected into space."

Jameson Sanchez laughed and buried his face in his hand. Nyla reached over and hugged him, resting her head on his shoulder. "You'll get it. Let's review."