Rising Smoke

Izuku found himself in the locker room. Eyes closed, no rush, no thoughts, and no stress.

He was meditating.

Sitting on a bench, he was the first out of his class to change into their hero costumes but since he finished changing he remained behind.

Once the last few had left he stayed for a couple more seconds to get what ever time had to spare. He exhaled and inhaled in a steady repetition. Calming his nerves.

A lot happened these past few weeks. First was Master Roshi's announcement of the World Martial Arts tournament, the first day event which put him on radar for all the Heroes teaching at Yuuei, then the occasional stares and glares from his female classmates. All because of his tail accidentally brushed up his classmate. In his defense though, she was invisible say for the school uniform.

Luckily today was the first day of Hero training. Lately all of Class-1A had been taking Hero prep class, which carried the same subject for Hero training. Izuku did not mind learning about the history of Heroes and how they came to be. What he minded was that he needed to keep his tail in check around his female classmates. It felt so weird. Being forced to discipline yourself because of your peers, thoughts. He wondered if Gine had this kind of problem back on her home planet. Only now conflict started to rise above, if it wasn't the bullying and the labeling of being Quirkless in middle school, it's the glares and the labeling as a secret pervert. Which he wasn't! Ugh all of these labeling reminded of his training with Master Roshi, his detour adventures would always and always, leave the wrong impression.

One time he and Izuku were at the beach cleaning the garbage, enough for people to visit the sea. In an attempt to build up the boy's courage, Master Roshi assigned Izuku to go talk to some girls. Reluctantly the teen did as required, only for some beach guy or gal to hit his damn tail with a beach volley ball or stomp on it while running past him. There were also occasions when even kids grabbed it suddenly while they were playing in the sand. All of these multiple instances would cause Izuku to collapse from weakness and unfortunately on a girl, making the scene a cliche ever single time.

Just like any other anime in the world, Izuku would try to pry himself away or explain himself in time. Although it was either met with a slap to the face every single time.

At the end of the session, Roshi would scold Izuku to never let his guard down. That tail did prove Izuku's weakness to surprise moments. There was even a point where Roshi even offered Izuku to have the tail removed but was stopped by a surprisingly angered Gine. Apparently it offended her, saying that the tail is part of Izuku now and should stay as it is. This was when Gine explained of the Sayian Transformation: The Great Ape Form. How it was a special ability given to the Sayian Race as a means for a last resort or to gain the edge in a planet plunder. The individual would transform into a giant ape gaining ten times their power. Only repercussion is the lack of cognitive decision making as the user will subside to the primal rage from the transformation, there were cases when some Sayians kept their cognitive functions but overall remain violent nevertheless. All of this could be caused by a full moon.

Just the thought of him raging around destroying cities and even harming people made the teen shudder in slight fear. Shaking his head to ignore that 'what if' nightmare. Right now he needed to focus on his upcoming challenge.

Standing up he looked at the mirror in his locker.

(A/N: Izuku is essentially wearing Goku's outfit with some color differences.)

He wore a GI similar to Master Roshi's Turtle Hermit Uniform but instead of the bright orange color it was replaced with dark green and his inside shirt was a pure black color.